Chapter 17 🍒

I'm running.

I'm not even looking back, I just make my way through the dodgy corridors and elevators that I remember from before. I don't know why I'm running so fast, I know that nobody is chasing me but I just couldn't spend another second in this place.

I eventually reach the garage we first arrived in and I see the exit; running out, I see Lana in Harry's car and I head straight over. She doesn't hesitate before getting out of the car and making her way joyfully over to me the second she sees me.

She sighs with relief as she embraces me in her arms, holding me so tight that I'm pretty sure I could pop any second. "I'm so glad you're okay.. you are okay right?" she pulls away for a second to scan over my features and her face drops with worry. "He hurt you?" she lightly touches a few of my cuts and bruises, I hiss slightly. "Where is he? I'm gonna k-" she begins to walk off but I pull her back. "Harry is handling him, please just give me another hug and get me away from here" I beg her. She hugs me tight again before getting into the driver's side of Harry's car, whilst I get into the passenger side. "Just drop Harry a message saying we've left with his car" Lana laughs as starts the car and pulls out. I nod, and do exactly that.

It's silent for the first few minutes, it's not awkward, but I would rather a conversation started. That's when Lana happened to speak up. "So what happened exactly?" she asks, keeping her eyes on the road. I explain everything, right from getting trapped in the break room to the second I saw Harry's face appear in the room.

"...and that's when I just ran, I kept running until I saw you" I finish the story. "Damn, I'm so glad you're okay, well okay-ish" she laughs lightly. "Believe me, I'm fine, just a bit sore everywhere" I give a convincing smile. "We'll get you patched up" Lana returns the smile as she parks the car outside Harry's place.

"There's a first aid kit here right?" she asks as we begin walking towards the front door, sending my mind back to when I bandaged up Harry's hand and he grabbed my neck, telling me not to talk to him or treat him the way I did. I'm caught in a daydream and don't respond until I see a hand waving in front of my face. "Hellooooo?" I snap out of it, "Oh yeah.. yeah there's a first aid kit" I finally reply.

"What's on your mind?" she smirks and asks in a teasing tone. "Nothing, I just... was focusing on not sneezing" I make up a bullshit excuse. "Uh huh suuuuure" she laughs a little and follows me inside.

We had to the bathroom in Harry's room being as I know for sure there's a first aid kit in there and Lana cleans up the majority of my cuts and puts a few plasters on the ones that need it. "You look like a badass" she laughs as she puts away the first aid kit. "Yeah yeah whatever" I laugh too and walk out the bathroom.

"Let's have a girly day" Lana says as she follows out shortly after me. "Looking like this? I'm not going anywhere, I don't want all the questions" I decline her offer but it's a nice gesture. "No, you need it" she argues back stubbornly. "You're not gonna take no for an answer are you?" I sigh. Lana shakes her head with a massive cheeky smile. I sigh again, "Fiiiiiine" I give in and she hugs me tightly, "Yaaaaay!" she yells excitedly. "Okay, okay, calm down" I laugh again.

We haven't heard from Harry in a while so I text him to let him know I was going out with Lana for the day. Just in case, I leave a note for him on the kitchen side too.

Heading out with Lana
See you later
<3

Why did I put a love heart? Who knows but it's too late to cross it out now. That'll look stupid. It's... cute. I think.

I go to my room and look through the wardrobe where most of my clothes have been successfully moved into now. I settle on a cute, black outfit which I put on after a quick shower, avoiding my face and hair to keep my plasters in place; none of the cuts or bruises on my body needed to be covered or bandaged up, so the warm water from the shower felt very soothing.