Wk 5 Part 2: Casual

(TRIGGER WARNING

Please don't ignore the trigger warning. Please skip unless you...

a) like torturing yourself (please don't)
b) legitimately are ok with reading this

-My shitty writing

-phil being a semi-asshole except it's just a misunderstanding because he didn't listen

-ok i tried to keep ships out, this is platonic 

-My terrible brain always wanting to make things into angst

-Depressive thoughts

-Implied suicide

-literal considering suicide

-Hurt/Comfort)

Week 5 (First week of the year, Royal AU)

Recap:

Part 1: Glitter Bombs
Part 2: 

Techno's POV

I wriggle around in my sheets, still up. It was about 2AM, and I was still up. Pondering what Dream told me. 

"You're always so composed, it's nice to see this part of you."

If I was always composed, is that a bad thing? Did I not seem human enough? Now that I think about it, I did seem composed. Almost like a machine. To be honest, I should really be a bit more human.

The next day, I meet Dream in our usual spot. 

I had stayed up all night, looking up ways to be "normal". It was taxing, and to be honest, I was probably really bad at it.

I climbed up the vines, almost slipping. I was tired, so I had less coordination.

Jumping onto the rooftop, I smile. "Hey Dream. How ya doing?"

He raises an eyebrow. "I'm ok... How are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine." I say casually. "Uh... Dumb question, is this how you act normal?"

Dream laughs. "Uh...Yeah."

I smile. "Cool." I sighed and sat down next to him. "So what did you do in your day?"

He shrugged. "Went out to the arcade with the boys."

I've known him for long enough that when he said the boys he meant George and Sapnap.

I marvel at his casualness. "You're a prince. How have you no- I mean, how the hell haven't you been caught yet?"

Dream chuckles, shoulders rising and falling. "I have been. Multiple times." he states.

I gape at him. "And no one cares?"

He tilts his head, confused. "No, why would they?"

"Uh... Because you're a prince and you have a reputation to maintain?" I suggest, narrowing my eyes. "That's how it is here." I add.

"Huh." His eyes widen. "I guess people just know that even royalty are human, and that we are like them." He shifts. Dream looks up at me with bright, intelligent, emerald eyes. "You could always try to change that." (bruh i just had the worst best idea; what if they switched places for 24 hours)

"Yeah, I suppose so.." I sigh. "But honestly, it'd be hard, and I don't think I could deal with the changing and the oppressions."

Dream looks at me, concerned. "If you need anyone, I'm here." I sigh again. Averting my gaze, I look away.