Wk 6 (Youth AU) Pt 5: Dad

In which Techno calls Phil dad.

TA discord if you want to join but it's like a 25 people limit on the link so gotta go fast-

https://discord.gg/N9A4AqtWpC

have fun!

We were sitting in the lounge, relaxing. Wilbur was listening to music, Tommy was watching who knows what, I was reading. Phil was plaiting my hair like before.

"Hey, no reading without glasses!" Phil reprimands.

"Yes, Dad." I roll my eyes, before realising what I said.

Silence.

"A-Ah.." I squeak. "Um."

"Did you just... Call me Dad?" Phil breaths out. Tommy bursts into laughter and Wilbur chuckles.

"Uh." I look away. "No?"

Tommy wheezes. "Fuck-" He gasps out. "You just called him-" He points to Phil. "Dad-"

I blush in embarrassment, bringing my book back up to my face and sliding down the chair. "Shut up you child."

Phil lets himself laugh, and I slide further down the chair. "Oh god." I mutter.

"No, it's alright!" Phil reassures, between laughs. "It's good you think of me that way!"

I peek out from behind my book. "You're ok with me calling you Dad." I clarify.

He nods, a giant grin on his face. "Yes. I already think of you like a son."

I smile, shyly. "How so?" I ask, bracing myself against the couch. I prop myself up on one elbow, eyes skimming over the pages.

"Well." Phil starts, running his fingers through my hair. "I've gotten you out of so many situations."

[-he gasps, protecting him with his wings as debris rain down-]

I grumble. He laughs. "I'm not finished yet." Phil warns me. "You act I'm you parent. You also live under my roof, help with the rent, and you don't take care of yourself so I have to do it for you.." He lists, before tilting his head. "Why do you think of me as your dad?"

"Well.." I mumble. "I look up to you?" Tommy snorts.

"Would you like to say that again for the people in the back?" Wilbur calls, removing one earbud.

"No." I call back. Turning back to Phil, I continue. "You take care of me, you don't run away when I'm weird.. Actually now that I think about it that's what my actual dad did." I say thoughtfully. Shrugging, I proceed. "You comfort me, call me son.."

Phil smiles. "Glad I can do that for you dude."

"So." Tommy calls. "Father-son dynamic?"

I nod. "Apparently so."

I continue reading, before Tommy loudly sighs. "I'm booooooored." He declares, shutting off his phone.

Phil nods. "Well then, what do you want to do?"

Tommy nudges Wilbur. "What's up big maaaan!!"

Wilbur takes both of his earbuds out. "What's up, Tommy?" He asks, annoyed. Tommy grins.

"Do you know any horror movies?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow. "Last time," I start, placing my bookmark in and closing my book. "You played FNAF, you called me because you were so scared, and you expect to not cry out in horror?"