Wk 5 pt 3: Recognized

(TRIGGER WARNING

Please don't ignore the trigger warning. Please skip unless you...

a) like torturing yourself (please don't)
b) legitimately are ok with reading this

-My shitty writing

-terrible fight scenes (shush) (also how good were they)

-it is platonic 

-platonic i swear

-me getting distracted by the request which was 

Maybe when you hear people muttering and you can't hear what they're saying but you have this feeling that they're talking about you? (Maybe someone recognized him?))

Week 5 (First week of the year, Royal AU)

Recap:

Part 1: Glitter Bombs
Part 2: Casual
Part 3: 

Walking around in my civilian clothes, I sigh. Playing with the ends of my hair, I look around. It was about 10AM, and I had yet to go back home. But it was early, so I didn't mind. I was content just strolling through my kingdom.    

So I wandered for a bit, just observing the plants and structures around me, looking at their simplicity. I was so distracted, I wandered into another place.

Music drifted to me, and I blink. Where was I?

Looking around, I catch my breath. Where in the.. The place was majestic, tall buildings stretching skywards and green garlands over the place, made of green and white flowers. Scents were drifting around the place, more prominent the lemon and jasmine, and it just looked so bright. 

People were laughing, wearing clothes that I had never seen before. Sun was shining and the clouds were darting across the sky, music drifting from somewhere, a cheery melody which made me smile. 

Looking back to where I came from, my eyes widen. I'm in Dream's kingdom. 

I take a deep breath and sit on a bench in the square before I hear shouting and laughing. A hand on my sword, I let go as I see that a bunch of people were just looking at someone sword-fighting. I relax, as it seemed like Dream's kingdom... Didn't seem that bad. 

I squint closer at the green figure before my eyes widen. Was that Dream?

He says something, and I watch as another person tries to challenge him at sword-fighting only to fail. Joining the crowd, I watch as he moves, disarming the woman and pointing his mock sword at her. It was definitely Dream.

He laughs, joyful, as he helps the girl up, smiling. Dream moves in a circle, asking if anyone wanted to spar with him. Nobody wanted to, so he pointed at me. I look around, was he asking someone else?

"You, in the hood!" Dream says loudly. I point to myself. Shit, did he know it was me? "Yes, you. Would you like to spar with me?" 

I laugh, softly. Tilting my head, I think. Yeah, I could run the risk of being recognized, but... It was worth it.

"Sure." I accept, walking through the crowd. Going up the steps to the mock stage, he hands me a wooden sword. He grins. "Let's go."

Shifting my balance, I raise my sword. He leaps at me, sword extended, and I block it, parrying and riposting at his neck, which he ducks in return to.

My self-training kicking in, I remember a passage from a book as we circle each other. My hood was still on. 

Spinning my sword, I lunge forward in a quick high swing, but as he blocks it he counter-attacks, and I step back, jumping on the railings before leaping over him, letting my leg kick out at him as he ducks, and landing on my feet behind him. Seeing the surprise flash in his eyes, the crowd roars.