Wk 12 of this bullshit

Shitty writing :)

"So, what's the actual plan here?" I ask, sipping my coffee. "You've trained us for like, weeks, and we don't even know what's happening."

Joey sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I was waiting for this question, actually."

I raise an eyebrow. Joey brings out a sphere, made of a black.. metal? Material? Whatever it was, it was shiny. A noise startles me from my focus, and I look to the stairs, beckoning the brunette to come here. "Hey Wilbur, can you get the others?"

Wilbur groans. "It's fucking 7am Techno, please.." I shrug. "You get them yourself."

I lean back in my chair, wrapping the blanket further around me and sipping my coffee. It burns my tongue, but I don't mind. "Nope."

Wilbur rolls his eyes, walking back up the wooden steps to wake everyone else up. Periodically, I hear a woosh, a thud, and a yell, usually. Wilbur, phantomised, walks back down the stairs with a grin on his face. "I feel much better now."

A shock of blonde hair peeks around the corner, and Gremlin Child™️ grumbles. "He threw me at the fucking wall."

Choruses of agreement were heard as the others traipse out of their respective rooms. Surprisingly, I was the first one up. As soon as people were settled in their various morning routines, Joey claps his hands. "Do you all know why you're here?"

Various looks from all over the room, some glaring, some sighing and one swearing. "No, no I don't, why did you wake me up at fucking 7am?" Phil drawls.

"Come here," Joey holds up a hand as Tommy opens his mouth. "I do not care if you haven't eaten, Tommy, come here."

So we sit around the coffee table, and Joey smiles, holding the sphere of material in his hands. "So, the reason you're all here is-"

"What's that?" Dream interrupts, pointing at the object. Joey stops, and glares at him.

"Let me finish, please." The Fae mutters. Dream nods, leaning back in his seat. "Thank you. As I was saying, the reason you're here is because you're ready."

"What, so we won't be mindlessly stuck inside all day fighting and going along with a relative stranger?" Ranboo pipes up, pursing his lips.

Joey sighs. "Let. Me. Finish. You're ready to fight the author, creator, whatever, basically you can fight god and you can punch them in the face or whatever you want to do when you meet god." He gestures to the sphere. "This is the gift of declaration and a fighting message, from the author."

We all lean forward, eager to see the message. Joey twists the bottom half of the sphere, and a white mist spreads out, slowly taking shape and filling the room, mostly concentrated on a smaller, human-like space on the top of the coffee table. As we watch, the smoke colours itself, still a misty, transparent colour, and becomes more solid.

And Áine is sitting in front of us, and around us is a small office room, blue chairs around us. Áine was perched on the table, as if they owned the world, which they did, but I digress. Dressed in a school uniform, they had a pair of headphones on.

"Well then, hello." They grin, under the mask. "How have you all been going?"

Joey waves his hand through the smoke, and groans. "A real-world image? Really?"

Áine shrugs. "Give me a second, I'll write you all to a different scene, this is just how I am while writing this."

They wave their hand, and then the image around us is a forest instead. She smiles, still perched on the table. "That better, Jo?" She asks the Fae.

Joey nods. "Yeah, sure, just get on with it."

Áine rolls her eyes, huffing. "So impatient. Anyway, it's time for the final week of the arc. Next chapter, you shall all be going to fight me, trek up the mountain and meet me there." Her eyes look up, and she blinks at something we can't see, before she looks back down. "You have literally no choice in the matter. This is the event for this arc."

I open my mouth to challenge that, and she blinks, nods to someone where she is, and then they smile. "You can't talk."

And then I can't. I glare instead. Áine laughs, then grows more serious. "Seriously, though, you have to go up the mountain. I have some seriously cool stuff planned after that."

With a click, a map falls down on every one of us, floating through the air, landing on our laps. "Follow that, it's how you get to me. I'm the little mask in the middle of the map."

Áine unperches from their her it's perch on the table, and then waves a hand. "I'm a pretty chill villain, so you guys can have like another few days, but yeah. Next arc is going to be so fun, I have a few new characters planned out, and ooh, have you ever read Morrigan Crow? Hotel Deudecalion- such an inspiration."

It sighs. "Anyway, please keep asking questions for the ask the characters and author day, I have little to none." Then it waves a hand, and it's gone.

(Look I had a very genderfluid session during the 20 or so minutes I wrote this.)

In its place, elaborate writing and a book to write questions in. It opened right here —————————————>

(Do I get to call fourth wall breaking on that one?)

So Joey stands up, claps his hands, and grins. "So, what is the plan?"

We look at each other and shrug. Honestly, at this point you were as confused as literally anyone else. "Plan for what?"

Joey taps his fingers along his thigh. "Defeating the author." Syatie curls up next to me, having jumped up on the armchair, and meows.

"Well, generally I just charge without a plan but with a lot of force and that works usually." I suggest mildly.

Dream shakes his head. "And that is why you failed at stealth and planning." I shoot him a dirty look.

"Do you have any better ideas then?" I ask, locking eyes with the blonde man. He grins at me, and I sigh. "Of course you do."

Dream leans forward on his seat. "Yeah. So, this is how we kill-"

"Defeat," Ranboo corrects him, winding.

"-Defeat, kill, whatever, the author."

(and then you have a cliffhanger because fuck you guys <3)