Thirteen

Apollo and Adrian waited anxiously for Cedric to come back from the showers

Apollo and Adrian waited anxiously for Cedric to come back from the showers. The Gryffindor team (excluding Wood, for some reason) passed them on their way up to the hospital wing to see their seeker. Adrian winced as they shoved passed them.

"I'll tell you what. I'm now glad I didn't play. We would get blamed so hard for what those dementors did," The brunette muttered, cigarette hanging loosely off his lips. Apollo pat his shoulder in a comforting way.

Sammy ran over to them, soaking wet and panting. "Hi. Is Oliver still there?" They questioned, breathing heavily as they had just ran all the way over.

"Yeah," Apollo confirmed. Just then, Cedric came out, his team congratulating him as they headed out too.

"Hey, man," Adrian greeted.

Cedric nodded in greeting. "Hey." He sounded dejected, even though he had won. "Wood refused a rematch."

"You won fair and square. Not your fault Potter's prone to accidents," Sammy said hurriedly, peeking over Cedric's shoulder to see if Oliver was, indeed, there.

"It wasn't fair, the dementors came on the field. They aren't suppose to do that," Cedric explained.

Apollo shrugged. "You can't exactly control that, Ced."

Sammy gave Cedric a sympathetic smile. "Sorry the match wasn't perfect. But hey, you won!" They said, trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah, I guess." It only seemed to work a bit.

Apollo and Adrian stared at the small Ravenclaw, silently asking them to do more. They had an argument with their eyes that Cedric was oblivious to. Finally, Sammy caved.

"How about this. Go put on something comfortable. I'll try to convince Oliver to have your rematch, then we can do something fun. Okay?" They offered.

Apollo held his breath, his friend doing the same beside him.

"Alright." Cedric gave a small smile.

Sammy clapped their hands together, and gave Cedric a peck on the cheek. "Great. Go on. I'll handle Oliver." With that, they went to find the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain, leaving Cedric with a pink face and a stupid grin.

Adrian chuckled. "Look at that. You win your first game of the year, and Sammy's going to hang out with you," He teased.

"Oh, shut up," Cedric mumbled, but couldn't keep the smile off his face.

"Go get dressed, Ced. Your crush will be waiting," Apollo joked, lightly pushing his friend away.

"Right!" Cedric hurried off, leaving his two friends chuckling behind him.

Apollo and Adrian decided to wait for Sammy to thank them for cheering their friend up, since they were not great at that. They stood in silence for a moment.