Twenty-Six

The next day, Apollo woke up feeling rested and happier than usual

The next day, Apollo woke up feeling rested and happier than usual. He felt a weight on his arm, and looked to see Sammy fast asleep, cuddled up to him. He did not have the heart to pull away. The tranquility did not last long, however. Because it was school day. Apollo cursed, scrambling to his feet. He had not expected to fall asleep, but he must have been so worn out... He shook his cousin awake, ignoring that they swatted at him as if he was an alarm clock.

"Sammy! We'll be late!"

They just lazily sat up, rubbing the sleep away from their eyes. "What..?" Realization set in. "Shit, you're right! Snape's going to be pissed if we're late!"

They rushed to get all their stuff together, both of them having forgotten their uniforms. Apollo glanced down at himself. Yeah, this won't do, He mused. "We have to go get our uniforms," He stated.

Sammy groaned. "Dear Merlin, I wish we could teleport," They complained, but did not protest as they rushed to get up to their common room. They reached it after a few minutes, where they had quite literally ran. Then, they had to run all the way back down again. By the time they reached the potions classroom - which had to be at the opposite end of the castle - they both felt like death.

"Scamander, Payne, you're late," Snape drawled, crossing his arms rather dramatically over his chest. "Ten points from Ravenclaw."

Sammy huffed. "Not our fault your stupid classroom is at the other end of the castle, sir," They grumbled under their breath, but Snape heard them.

"Another ten points, miss Scamander."

"It's mx, professor," Apollo spat, glaring and he lightly nudged Sammy towards the back of the class, where their seat was.

Snape narrowed his eyes at the blonde, but said nothing, and instructed the two to sit down.

As Apollo sat down, he could faintly hear Fred asking Sammy if they were alright. The class went by slowly, and Apollo wanted nothing more than to meet up with Cedric and Adrian, because it was about time Snape got what was coming for him.

Unfortunately, Snape decided to assign yet another essay before dismissing the class. As Apollo walked out, George caught up to him, much to the former's dismay.

"Hey, Wolfie! I was thinking we could work on this essay together, what do you say?" George offered.

"Don't you have a Quidditch match to practice for?" Apollo asked bluntly, avoiding the question.

George grinned - which, for Apollo, was never a good sign. "Aw, you want me to win, eh? Don't worry, we got this!"

"No, I just don't want your loss against Slytherin to be too embarrassing. Wouldn't want to hurt your ego," Apollo said, his tone sarcastic.