Six

Apollo did not get much sleep that night, but that was a normal occurrence

Apollo did not get much sleep that night, but that was a normal occurrence. He spent most of the night working on the homework that had been given to him. It was the weekend now, which meant no classes. He was not sure what he would be doing during the next two days, but he figured the nights would be spent sneaking out. He sat on a chair in the common room, his foot tapping rhythmically against the floor. It was early morning. That was what made Cho running down from her dorm so strange.

Quick to notice her, Apollo sent her a questioning glance. After all that happened already in this year, he would consider her, as well as Audrey, a friend. A friendship with him was complicated, and now she was stuck with him. Perhaps it was too strong of a word to use, friend, but he would be willing to try it... for the most part.

Cho sent him a smile when she saw him. "Quidditch practice, Apollo," She said simply, before rushing off and disappearing again.

Apollo made an 'o' shape with his mouth. That made more sense. He got up and went to put away his work, and while up in his dorm, grabbed his Quidditch equipment.

Soon the entire team was on the pitch. The team consisted of a mix of diverse people. Seven Ravenclaws, all up early in the morning as if they had not all been up late the night before.

The Ravenclaw team, like all Quidditch teams, consisted of seven players. The Seeker, which was now Cho Chang, the Keeper: Apollo, three Chasers: Sammy Scamander, Roger Davies and Audrey Locklear, and finally, the two beaters: Kara Dustin and a boy named Ethan Saint Clair.

Sammy was someone Apollo knew fairly well. They were in his year, and an excellent flier. They sported a short haircut with purple dyed hair, accompanying their tan skin. Roger was also in Apollo's year, though they did not interact much besides during Quidditch or meals they spent together. He had rather long brown hair and was taller than most. He was next in line to be Captain. Compared to the other two chasers, Audrey was quite different, and not just because of her gender. She was had moved to Europe from America as a young child. She was of Native American descent, as Apollo learned after speaking with her when they first met and struck up a conversation about her hair. Apollo quite liked her, and he could tell that she quite liked Cho. What made her stand out was how quiet she was compared to the other two, but do not let that fool you. Apollo was almost convinced her quiet nature was a ploy to fool everyone else, only for her to destroy them in the end.

Kara, their team captain, was not one you should underestimate. She was a year older than Apollo, and had a strong love for the sport. She could be quite aggressive on the field, but it was all in good fun. She had brown skin and an afro to go with her cool-girl look. Apollo had always thought it suited her well, the whole look she had going on. Finally, Ethan was a large boy from Ireland. He had deathly pale skin and black hair, and some often joked that he was a vampire.

Apollo liked the team he had. It was not like Slytherin, which was all boys for one reason or another. Adrian had told him he suspected it was because Flint was a sexist bastard, then proceeded to stop his Ravenclaw friend from going to give him a talk. That was because he knew that the talk would be less of a talk and more of a threat.

"Look alive, team!" Kara encouraged, broom in one hand and the other on her waist. "We've got to train hard if we want a chance to win this year! Sammy tells me Oliver's going to be working his team harder than ever to win the house cup. Naturally, we have to stop him. And also stop Flint. Maybe if you accidentally hurt him really badly, well, I won't be opposed," She continued, smiling at the thought of hitting Marcus Flint in the face with a bludger and knocking him off his broom. She nodded at the group. "Okay, let's get started."

Soon the group was up in the air, everyone on their brooms. Apollo owned a Air Wave Gold. It was not the most popular, nor the best, but he did like it. It was something his father bought him when he got on the Quidditch team.

Apollo loved being in the air. It was a feeling of freedom to him. He would love to be up there forever. There was a possibility that he could, too. A game of Qudditch could go on for days, weeks or even moths. The game only ends when the snitch is caught. At school, the game rarely went over a few hours. In a professional game, however... That was a different story.

The balls were released, and therefor starting their practice. Clad in their blue and bronze Quidditch gear, the group of seven zoomed across the sky, all doing their tasks. Apollo was guarding the three hoops, trying to keep the chasers from scoring a goal. With the breeze messing up his hair some more, the blonde zipped through the air. He felt free, something he only ever felt with the sky. Whether it be strong at the stars or flying through the air, he felt untouchable.

The practice went on for two hours, as usual practices did. The team exchanged tips and worked on their individual skills.

By the time they all returned to the ground, they were all ready to hit the showers. The Gryffindor team were in the stands, waiting for their turn with the pitch.

Kara clapped. "Good job today team!" She cheered, a happy smile on her face. Her energy was almost contagious. "Next practice is on Tuesday. Be ready after dinner! Dismissed!" She said.

Apollo was dragged towards the other team by Cho and Sammy. He did not know why, but it put a scowl on his face.

"Oli!" Sammy screeched excitedly. It seemed their energy did not falter. Beside them, Cho had a big smile on her face too, but she was looking directly at Harry Potter, the Gryffindor seeker and her competition.

"You stole our practice time," Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor keeper and team captain, accused, though playfully.

Sammy laughed in response. "You slept in. That's on you," They said, grinning. "We just came to say hi, and wish you all bad luck."

Oliver and Apollo both rolled their eyes, though for different reasons. Apollo just wanted to shower and get back to his common room, while Oliver was just annoyed with his friend. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Get off the pitch, Sam," Oliver said, only half joking.

Sammy gave him a peck on the cheek, and waved goodbye. Cho smiled at Harry. "Good luck, Harry!" She said happily.

Apollo smiled sarcastically at George, the only person on that team he had ever really talked to. "Break a leg, please," He said and walked away with Cho, ignoring the laughing from the two Weasleys behind him.

The Asian nudged him. "You could have been nicer," She scolded playfully.

Apollo once more, rolled his eyes. "I don't know why you two dragged me over there," He said with an annoyed tone.

Sammy joined the two once more, hooking both their arms with one of theirs. "Because you don't have friends, Polly, and you need some," They said innocently.

Apollo huffed. "I have friends."

"We don't count if you only hang out with us when you have to," Cho pointed out.

Apollo did not have a response to that, and instead just split ways with them to go shower.