Twenty-Eight

Final exams had passed and the student body could not be happier

Final exams had passed and the student body could not be happier. Apollo spent the day after in the field fifth wheeling with Cedric and Sammy, and Adrian and his new girlfriend Anna (though Apollo was confused as to what happened to his best friend's crush on Kara Dustin, he said nothing about it.)

"I can't believe the year's almost over!" Anna was saying, laying down in the grass and in hand with Adrian.

"I know!" Adrian agreed. "We're going into our sixth year, how crazy is that?"

"Not very crazy," Apollo said dryly. He was not too keen on having Anna hanging out with the small group, but he did not dare voice that. He just wanted to hang out with his friends who actually knew him.

Adrian and Anna were laying in the grass, but not everyone else was. Cedric was sitting with Sammy's head in his lap, playing with their hair. Apollo was sat beside him, with Otto on his shoulder playing with a ring he had stolen off Sammy (not that they seemed to mind at all.)

"Anna, I still have no idea what house you're in," Sammy suddenly said, not moving from their spot.

Anna flushed pink. "Ah, I'm in Hufflepuff."

It was not long before Apollo got sick of that and decided to instead confront a certain teacher of his. He had sworn that he was done investigating Sirius Black, but he could not help his curiosity. It was a fatal flaw.

He made his way through the empty hallways. Most students were outside in the warmth of summer, or in their common rooms. Apollo was quick to find his way to the desired classroom. Once he reached his destination, he knocked on the door. He thought about just walking in, but decided against it.

Remus Lupin opened the door, looking more exhausted than usual. The look of exhaustion was replaced with surprise - probably at seeing Apollo show up unexpectedly, not injured. "Apollo, what can I do for you?"

"Mind if we talk, professor?" Apollo asked, though his tone made it clear he would not take no for an answer. Remus stepped aside and let the boy in, closing the door behind him.

"What is there you need to talk about?" Remus asked carefully. He had a gut feeling he knew, though with it being the night of a full moon he was not sure if he should listen to that suspicion.

Apollo shrugged as he let Otto off his shoulder. "A few things," He stated. "I hope it isn't interfering with your full moon plans."

Remus narrowed his eyes. "What are you insinuating?"

"You know exactly what I'm insinuating, professor," Apollo replied coolly.

"How long have you known?"

"Awhile, but frankly, I could care less."

"Why are you really here, Apollo?" Remus asked, making his way over to stand face to face with the boy.