Eleven

It was not, by any means, late in the night

It was not, by any means, late in the night. People were barely asleep in the Ravenclaw common room. Apollo definitely was not. He never really slept, but that was besides the point. It was too early for most teenagers to go to sleep, but it was still dark outside. It was at that point when there was a knock on the door to the dorm. Apollo knew it was no one who came for him - no one would at this time of night, not for him.

One of his dorm mates, the one closest to the door, lazily went to open it. Standing outside was one of the prefects, a boy whose name Apollo could not remember. He had sweat running down the side of his face and his eyes kept darting around the room.

"We have to go to the Great Hall, quickly," He said, panting as if he had been running around.

"What's going on?" The same boy who opened the door asked.

"This time," Apollo added.

"I'm... not sure," The prefect admitted. "All I know is that it's urgent." With that, he left the way he came to go wake up more students.

With an exasperated sigh, Apollo walked out the dorm, the other boys following his lead. All their housemates were in the common room, equally as confused. Flitwick denied information to those who asked.

"Apollo, what's going on?" Cho asked, coming up behind the boy with Audrey at her side.

Apollo barely glanced at them as he surveyed the room. Ravenclaws of all ages were in the main room, all murmuring between each other. Some students, mostly the younger ones, were in their pajamas, but most looked just as they had all day. "I don't know," Apollo muttered in reply to the girl's question.

Audrey grabbed Cho's hand. "What if it's something bad? Penelope said it was urgent," She said, her voice, which was usually calm and soft, shaking.

"I'm.. sure it's nothing," Cho assured her friend, but you could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

The professor, Head Girl and two prefects lead the students down to the Great Hall. All throughout the walk, kids were whispering amongst themselves. Apollo did his best to ignore everyone else. He needed this to be over with. He did not want sleep, no, but he did want to read his book. Was that too much to ask?

When they arrived at the Great Hall, all the students from Gryffindor house were already there. They were joined soon after by the Slytherins and Hufflepuffs. Apollo tried to locate his friends, but with the flood of kids, it was difficult. Before he could step away to find them, the Headmaster opened his mouth.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Dumbledore told the ensemble of students as Flitwick and McGonagall closed the doors. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I'm leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge." The professor turned to the Head Boy and Girl, Percy Weasley and Penelope Clearwater. "Send word with one of the ghosts."