Twenty-Seven

With the lack of Quidditch, and June fast approaching, Apollo felt drowned in his school work

With the lack of Quidditch, and June fast approaching, Apollo felt drowned in his school work. He wanted to be prepared for his exams. After all, these grades were important. They would likely ensure his success in finding a job in the future. He felt as though he spent every free minute studying, usually in the library with Cedric and Adrian, but even in the Forbidden Forest when he felt he had to get away when he could not sleep at night.

He had given up on caring about the Sirius Black situation, and even Remus Lupin's odd behaviour (though there was definitely something going on there. He would know, he visited the professor more frequently than you would expect. He was pretty confident in what was going on... but it was none of his business.) The only thing he had left to do to relieve himself from the growing stress was music.

On the other hand, George Weasley had yet to give up on annoying him. Apollo was quite surprised, seeing as it had been almost the entire year at this point. Why had he not given up yet? Did he actually want to be his friend, for any reason other than the fact that he was an animagus? Apollo was considered that a possibility at this point and it was scaring him. As soon as they become friends, that's when Apollo starts to feel empathetic and that truly terrified him.

In the present, Apollo found himself in the library, half asleep, hunched over his Defence Against the Dark Arts textbook. His strongest subject, over the years, was Transfiguration, for obvious reasons, but he still considered himself good at the other classes. Yet, with the lack of sleep catching up to him, he was finding it hard to focus on the words on the pages in front of him.

To make matters worse, a loud, obnoxious voice distracted him from his studies. "Hey Wolfie!" George greeted, plopping himself down beside the blonde boy, who said nothing in response. "Wow, no, 'Go away, Weasley,' or even a groan?" The redhead joked, doing a poor job in mocking the other boy. Those words won him a groan, making him smirk. "There he is!"

"What do you want?" Apollo demanded, his voice sounding more tired than George had ever heard it. Not that he notices that kind of thing, or anything like that.

"What makes you think I want something?" George countered. He was just given a look that read "are-you-serious?" in reply, making him sigh. "Okay, fine. I understand that we'll probably never be friends-"

"You can leave out the probably."

"-but I need help studying for the exams, and you're probably the smartest person I know. Can you help me out? Then, I promise I'll leave you alone! Well, not forever since we're destined to be friends, but for at least a week!" George continued, ignoring Apollo's interruption.

Apollo paused, looking straight at the other boy, scanning his face for any indication that he would not keep the promise... but he found none. At last, the blonde sighed and glanced back down at his textbook. "Fine," He murmured in defeat, "I'll help you study."