Two

The second odd thing that happened to Apollo that day didn't seem like much of an improvement

The second odd thing that happened to Apollo that day didn't seem like much of an improvement. He was enjoying the time before the welcome back feast, chatting with his teammates. He wasn't sure he considered them friends, since they only talked talked to him from time to time, but still they didn't mind his company. All of them were excited for Quidditch season to start, and they were sure they'd do great. They had gotten a new seeker, Cho Chang at the end of last year (they did secret tryouts, deciding not to let the new second years try out after seeing that none of them were interested, the perks of surveys), who would hopefully help them win. They hadn't won the Quidditch Cup since Apollo's third year, seeing as the tournament was canceled last year due to the whole Chamber of Secrets thing. As the team's keeper, the blonde really hoped to play good this year.

Everyone quieted down for Dumbledore's speech. The man had a way to capture everyone's attention. Despite the dislike Apollo had for the man, he had to admit that he was a great wizard. One of the best of all time, really. Following the lead of the other students around him, Apollo shut up and started paying attention.

"Welcome!" He started. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast..." He cleared his throat before continuing his speech. "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

Apollo scoffed. As if he did not want to attend Hogwarts, of all schools, enough at the moment. Now they were stuck with bloody Dementors all year? Or for most of it, at least. Until Sirius Black was caught. He hated the thought.

Dumbledore continued. "They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds."

Apollo let himself smirk, knowing he knew another way in and out.

"And while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises, or even Invisibility Cloaks," The headmaster said.

Apollo was relieved that at least he would be able to get out, in his animagus form. Animals were trickier for them, so he figured he would be safe. That's why is instincts made him turn into a wolf when he saw the creature on the train, he suspected. And why he felt better then.

"It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefor warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the Prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs foul of the Dementors."

Apollo glanced around his table, and spotted Penelope Clearwater holding her head up high. She had been chosen as Head Girl, and was very happy about it. Apollo had never really talked to her, unless exchanging a few words. Therefor, he did not much care for her achievement.