Twenty-Five

The security measures that had been put in place after Sirius Black's second break in were unbearable

The security measures that had been put in place after Sirius Black's second break in were unbearable. It was near impossible for Apollo to leave the castle after dinner, even with his animagus form (it did not help that he was a wolf, and would get noticed if he tried to sneak around any teachers.) It was safe to say that he was restless. To make matters worse, it was the worst time of the year. The end of February. While everyone else might be counting the days to the next leap year, Apollo was trying not to isolate himself, but it was difficult.

He sat at the Ravenclaw table, Cedric and Adrian with him. For once Adrian was getting teased about his date, as opposed to Cedric getting teased about his crush. It was a change, and Cedric was definitely enjoying it.

"Where does she even know you from?" Cedric questioned.

Adrian shrugged. "Hell if I know." He smirked. "It's probably from how awesome I am in Quidditch," He boasted.

Apollo snorted despite himself. "Yeah, right."

Adrian shot his friend a faux offended look. "I'm very popular, I'll have you know!"

Apollo put his hands up in faux surrender. "Yeah, I'm sure."

"Just because I don't have a fan club like someone," Adrian lightly glared at Cedric, "doesn't mean I'm not popular."

"I already agreed with you," Apollo deadpanned.

"Don't bring me into this!" Cedric cried out at the same time. Adrian snorted in amusement. Then came time for class, much to the trio's dismay. They had to split ways, seeing as Apollo had astronomy while Cedric and Adrian had their own classes to attend.

On the way up to the astronomy tower, Apollo ran into Sammy. Sammy was one of the few people who knew about the incident, and what today was.

"Hey, Polly!" They greeted, falling into step beside him. "How are you feeling?"

Apollo shrugged. "As good as I can, I guess. I haven't gotten a letter from my father yet."

Sammy nodded knowingly. "Hopefully the bastard doesn't send one at all," They murmured, uncharacteristically angry at the thought of Apollo's father. "If he does, I will gladly give him a piece of my mind," They then said with an innocent, yet sinister smile.

Apollo shook his head. "I'm flattered, but I can handle myself."

"Doesn't mean you have to."

Apollo huffed and stayed quiet, hoping his cousin would get the hint. They did, and changed the subject.

"Well, if you're not too busy, let's have a sleepover," Sammy suggested.

The blonde gave them a confused look. "We're at school," He deadpanned, confused.