Twenty

Quidditch practice was always a fun time, until it wasn't

Quidditch practice was always a fun time, until it wasn't. Kara was working the team hard, determined to win against Gryffindor. Even Cedric and Adrian wanted to help out, though Apollo was pretty sure they mostly came to see their crushes.

They worked hard all practice. After all, the real game was rapidly approaching. Everyone was both nervous and excited. If they beat Gryffindor, they would have a significant lead. Once practice had gone on for three hours and everyone was tired, Kara called for them to stop.

"Good work everyone!" Their captain exclaimed, clapping. "Play like this in the game, and we basically have a guaranteed win!"

That got everyone in a good mood. Everyone almost forgot that Harry Potter had a Firebolt, they did so good. The Ravenclaw team were hoping for a win, and they were working hard for it. Who cares if the opposing team has a better broom than all of them?

A week before the big game, Apollo was out by the Black Lake with Cedric and Adrian. They were smoking and joking around, having an overall good time. It was still early in the year, so it was not warm enough to go swimming, but that did not stop the trio from amusing themselves and pretending to push each other in.

"I can't wait to use that blackmail against Snape," Adrian said, sitting down in a spot where the was no snow.

"We have to hold out, or we'll get detention," Cedric stated. Before his friend could retaliate, he kept talking. "And we are not using it to get you out of your overdue potions essay."

"Aw, come one!" Adrian complain.

Apollo chuckled. "Yeah, we have to save it for something bigger, more important," He said. Cedric nodded in agreement. Adrian complained, but they soon moved on from this subject.

"So, Ced, how's your relationship going?" Adrian questioned his friend, leaning over and nudging his shoulder teasingly.

Cedric gave the brunette a confused look. "What relationship?"

"With Sammy, duh!"

Cedric went pink. "It's fine! We're friends!" He said awkwardly.

Apollo smirked. "You sound like you're in love," He teased.

"I am not!" Cedric defended himself, his face heating up more.

"Ha! He so is!" Adrian exclaimed, falling onto his back as he laughed. Cedric tackled him to the floor, the two rolling around in the light snow-covered ground in a playful squabble. Apollo just shook his head, smiling softly at his friends. An odd trio, they were, but it worked out. The golden boy who was so close to becoming Head Boy in a couple years. The troublemaker who may cause trouble for people, but was always respectful towards his peers. And the apathetic animagus who could not catch a break. Despite their differences, they were the closest of friends. It was nice.