Twenty-Two

Something was not right about the Sirius Black case

Something was not right about the Sirius Black case. Apollo was sure of this. It was around midnight now, and Apollo was sat in the common room, new articles and a notebook in front of him. It just did not add up in his mind. His niffler, Otto, was perched on his shoulder, playing with a necklace Apollo had never seen before. There were usually many people out in the common room at this time, and today was no different. There were people reading, some playing chess, some doing homework. There was no one Apollo knew by name though. This made it easier for him to sneak out with no questions asked. No one really cared what one another did in the Ravenclaw house unless they were friends.

Apollo stared at the notebook in front of him. He had taken it from Sammy, and he was sure they knew but just decided not to mention it. On the page that was laid out before him was some scribbled notes about the Sirius Black case. He had written down key points. Those that he needed answers to.

He gathered his things and stood up. He needed somewhere with less people to think, to truly understand. He quietly left his common room, and made his way down the long flights of stairs until he reached the main floor. Otto hid in the pocket of his hoodie, not that Apollo minded. It was cute.

His feet took him outside the school. He decided then to changed into his animagus form. After putting Otto down with his paper, and making sure no one was around, he did just that. He then picked up the paper in his mouth, and Otto hopped onto his back. Yeah, being a wolf could be weird sometimes, but it was one of his favourite things in the world. He made his way (slowly, for once, in order to not lose Otto) into the Forbidden Forest once again.

As he trotted through the wooded area, he caught the eye of another creature. To his dismay, it was a cat. He narrowed his eyes at it, watching as it scampered off towards the castle. Once he was sure the feline was gone, he kept on his way. He found himself at the very same tree he often found himself at. He dropped his things and turned back into himself. He carefully took Otto off his back and put him down beside him. The small creature took this time to curl up and sleep.

Apollo looked down at his notes, and the news papers. He spread them out on the ground. "I don't get it," He muttered to himself, hating saying those words. With an annoyed growl, he throw his head back. He couldn't get answers from simple news articles. They were usually full of lies mixed in with the truth.

Apollo had spent the past few days looking for overlapping points in every news article on Sirius Black he could find. He did his research on the Black family.

"His name isn't on this stupid family tree," He murmured angrily. It was right there in his notes. He had seen it in the book he had checked out. Someone had erased his name from the tree. So why, if most people in the Black family supported You-Know-Who, did Sirius not have his name there? Why was he disgraced from his family? That was the question he had written, and circled, in his notebook.