Eighteen

Apollo found himself in the library the day of his detention with Snape

Apollo found himself in the library the day of his detention with Snape. He had decided to skip some of his classes with Sammy, which admittedly was not a good idea, but he already had detention, so he really did not care.

Sammy was currently trying to teach their cousin how to make a origami swan, but it was not working out too well. "You have to fold- no- Polly, please-" They were saying as they watched him try.

"I'm trying, Sam!" Apollo protested as they took the paper away from him.

"Not hard enough," Sammy said, scoffing. They undid everything he had previously done, and redid it properly, then handed it back to him. "See? It's easy." They shook their head at him. "Anyway, how have you been doing lately? I haven't seen you much this week."

Apollo shrugged. "I have this headache that comes and goes," He replied. Sammy cocked an eyebrow in question as the library door opened. "There it is again," Apollo said as he saw who walked in.

Sammy turned to look. "That's Fred Weasley's brother, isn't it? He seems nice," They said offhandedly, turning back to their cousin.

Apollo scoffed. "He's the opposite of friendly. Unfriendly. As in don't be friends with him," He muttered, putting his head down so he wouldn't be noticed.

Sammy laughed at him. "I know you hate everyone, but wow, a little harsh, don't you think?"

"No."

They shook their head at him. "Fair enough," They murmured, and uttered a spell under their breath, causing one of the many origami swans to fly into the ginger's bookbag. When Apollo gave them a look, they just shrugged. "It'll be funny," They defended. Then, they stood up and gathered their stuff.

"Where are you going?" Apollo questioned, tilting his head at them.

Sammy grinned. "Let's go outside," They said, offering him a hand. Without second thought, Apollo gathered his things and followed them out, making sure to avoid George Weasley as he did.

Sammy decided to lead him to the edge of the Forbidden Forest, and sat down by a tree. Apollo sat down beside them. He glanced at them curiously, wondering what they were planning. Sammy took out a book from their bag, and handed it to him, before proceed to lay their head on his lap. "Read to me?" They suggested, giving their cousin a smile. "Like old times?"

Apollo decided not to fight his own grin, and complied. The book - a muggle book called Alice In Wonderland - was a book Apollo actually really enjoyed. While his father did not like him reading books written by or for muggles, he did it anyway.

The sun shone down on the two, who sat in the snow. It provided them with warmth, despite the cold. Although, the jackets helped too. As he kept reading the book he was sure Sammy had read before, just as he had, he noticed that they had fallen asleep. He smiled softly.