Thirty-Four

When they had everything set up, Amos Diggory allowed the two boys to go wander, not needing their help setting up anymore

When they had everything set up, Amos Diggory allowed the two boys to go wander, not needing their help setting up anymore. Apollo and Cedric left to stroll through the grounds, passing by masses of green from the people supporting Ireland, and simply pictures of Viktor Krum from the Bulgarian supporters.

"I don't see what you see," Cedric said after glancing at one of the photographs, Krum's face stoic in every one.

Apollo rolled his eyes. "Of course you don't. You have no taste," Apollo replied, joking though his tone of voice did not necessarily project it.

Cedric gasped dramatically and placed a callused hand over his heart, feigning hurt at the comment. "Wow, and what would your cousin say about that?"

Apollo narrowed his eyes and pointed at him accusingly. "Don't use Sammy against me."

"Oh, so I should use Adrien against you instead?" Cedric asked. Apollo rolled his eyes as Cedric threw an arm around his shoulder. "I'm messing with you."

"I know that," Apollo grumbled, leaning into his friend's side as they walked. They explored the site, no one they knew very well were at the same site. Cedric greeted anyone from his house that they passed, of course, but it was no one Apollo knew, so he did not really care.

Eventually they found themselves back at the tent, much more awake now (at least in Cedric's case) and with brighter spirits. "Ah, there you boys are!" Amos said when they got back. "Almost time to get going."

The three made their way to the stadium, walking a little way through the forest to get there. They were directed to their seats when they arrived - getting quite good spots out of it. They got a good view, and it seemed no one annoying was near them.

It was then that the announcer started to talk. "Ladies and gen­tle­men...wel­come! Wel­come to the fi­nal of the four hun­dred and twen­ty-​sec­ond Quid­ditch World Cup!"

All around them, spectators screamed and clapped. Amos definitely screamed, Cedric and Apollo simply clapped, choosing instead to save their voice for the start of the actual game. The blackboard had the names of both teams on it, currently reading ZERO.

"And now, with­out fur­ther ado, al­low me to in­tro­duce...the Bul­gar­ian Na­tion­al Team Mas­cots!" the announcer continued. One side of the stands erupted in cheers, as did Apollo. Their mascots were Veela - women who were simply irresistible, and not quite human. They were said to be mesmerizing. The moment they started dancing, they proved to be as much. Well, not to Apollo. Considering he was not into women. When the Veela stopped dancing, there was an uproar.

"And now," roared Lu­do Bag­man's voice, "kind­ly put your wands in the air...for the Irish Na­tion­al Team Mas­cots!"

There was an equivalent to fireworks in the arena. Leprechauns zooming like comets around the stadium. The crowd erupted in 'oooh's and 'aaah's.