chapter 041

Alex wasted no time in rushing home and getting away from the girl who made her feel like a vampire instead of a wolf. Edward stayed back and though she wondered why, she couldn't really be bothered. She had to get herself a drink first, whether it was alcoholic or blood she didn't care.

She puts of the engine and rushes into the house to their refrigerator for some animal blood that they have for their special guests. A relieved sigh leaves  her mouth once she tastes the first sip but it quickly changes in a growl when she hears a sound behind her.

"Easy Lex." Peter watches the tense state of his sister and frowns. He didn't understand why she had taken the car without telling him and he certainly couldn't comprehend why she was drinking blood, something they rarely did. Her posture slowly loosens and he walks towards her, trying to get bag from her but she growls once again and finishes it within a small amount of time.

"What is all the sh-.." Jasper stops once he sees the angry look on his girlfriend's face and the raised arms of Peter. Closer inspection makes him realise that she is drinking blood. Something that makes him frown, he didn't smell it once he entered the home. Normally he would. "This isn't really what I was expecting."

"Well neither was I." Alex snaps at the both of them. "Can't a girl get any privacy?" Peter looks at her and her attitude and she quickly realises who she is dealing with.

"Well then-.." her brother says but she interrupts him.

"I'm sorry." Both the males look at her with big eyes. This was something they were not used to. "I don't exactly know what is happening." She looks to Peter. "You had it." He raises an eyebrow in confusion. "With Daphne.. Mora?" She didn't remember the last name but his mouth slowly opens. He knew what was happening. Peter turns to Jasper.

"I think it's for the best that we go to your family right away. Last time she could barely hold me. We won't be able to hold her." Jasper's face scrunches up in confusion but he follows the siblings anyway. They didn't comment on the fact that Alex had outran them both, but they both knew it was because of the blood. It was something that Alex had told Jasper. The only way they could be with the Volturi was because they drank blood, they were almost unbeatable.

"Carlisle!" Alex marches into the house of the Cullens but everyone is already in the living room. She furrows her eyebrows as it seems to be everyone against Edward. "You're here." She mutters as she gestures to the head of the house. "I need your help."

"Go ahead." Edward's voice harsh and he turns as if he were to leave.

"Where are you going?" Peter asks Edward as he walks away.

"Somewhere. Anywhere but here." Edward says with an eyeroll. He suddenly turns to Jasper. "Something like that. But worse." Jasper's eyes widen as he looks af both Alex and Edward.

"You're leaving?" Alex suddenly growls. She gets up to him. "Are you that much of a coward?!"

"You go ahead and make your life miserable." Edward replies, looking down at her. "I'm choosing to make it easier."

"You're going to make that girl's life a living hell." Alex seethes. "And you're going to leave me to fend all by myself?! You're the one that is supposed to know how I'm feeling and you're going away!" She jabs her finger in his chest.

"Your brother and Jasper can help you with that." He mutters before he vanishes. Alex lets out an angry growl and rushes outside, knowing she had to let go of some steam.

"Soo.." Emmett drags out as he looks at Alex and the door where Edward disappeared through. "Anyone want to explain it to me?"

They did explain. And while Alex was still outing her anger against trees, she was listening closely. She didn't understand what was happening to her but she wanted to know, badly.

As Carlisle told Emmett, both Alex and Edward had found their bloodsinger. It was Bella, the new girl. It meant that her blood was calling for them. Something that wasn't unusual for vampires but he didn't know how it worked for hybrids. Peter explained to him that it was worse yet easier for hybrids. It was worse because their vampire side wasn't as evolved as normal vampires of their age, they were sort of newborns in that way. It was easier because if the wolf side took over, it could take a long time before the vampire side could even get a chance.

Carlisle had asked him how he knew. Peter told all of them of the three times that he had a blood singer. It all took different amount of times, but he killed them. The vampire side couldn't stay down. However, he had trust in Alex as they were both more matured since then and they had the Cullens by their side. Alex listened but didn't agree, she knew how she could get.

**

Edward didn't show up the next day. Jasper had told the Spure's that Edward had wanted to stay away for a while, something that made Alex angry. They had to get through this together.

At the end of the day was Biology. Alex dreaded the idea, knowing she'd be alone and Bella would be there. But both her brother and her boyfriend told her that they'd be around the corner if they even head so much as a growl leaving her lips.

They didn't expect for the teacher to place Bella next to her for the time being.

It took everything in Alex to not leave the room right then and there.

"Strange huh." The new girl softly mutters. Alex looks at her and frowns.

"What do you mean?" One of the sentences she could utter without breathing in.

"I was sat next to Edward, who seemed to hate my guts. Now I'm seated next to you, someone that Edward knows, and you hate my guts as well." A flicker of pain crosses Bella's face and Alex feels her heart soften for the girl. "And I didn't do anything. Yet." The last word sounded teasing. Alex knew that Bella was trying to get a reaction out of her and she slowly breathed in.

"I don't hate you." Alex replies. "I just mostly like working alone." Bella nods in understanding.

"Great, me too." A kind smile appears on Bella's face just before she turns to look at the teacher. Alex frowns at the girl but tries to focus on the class once more, only to find that it was damn near impossible with her bloodsinger next to her.

~~~~~~

So what do you all think? She's also Alex' bloodsinger! Just when everything was going a bit better for the poor girl.

Comment?