chapter 009

A loud roar is heard through the building as Alex' frustration gets the best of her. This was the last task that she had been given. Peter's tasks were already done, after this they were both done. But she hated the fact that there was someone who was pulling their strings.

"One more." Demitri speaks, his voice sounding like he's bored out of his mind. Alex rolls her eyes as she gets ready.

Her and Peter's tasks were rather different. He was the more silent type, he thought his actions through. He calculated the risks and knew when to attack. Alex had learned a great deal from him, yet she had her anger issues. They sometimes took the best of her and she had to get a grip on them. Especially now.

"Let's go." She snarls, getting ready for a fight.

**

"My my," the siblings turn their heads around at the voice and look at the persons before them. "What do we have here."

Three men were stood in front of them, all eerily white. One had the whitest hair they had ever seen and it looked the colour of his skin. It was so white, almost translucent. Alex wanted to touch his skin to see if it was just as smooth and cold as it looked. His eyes a dark shade of red though cloudy. He is wearing a pitch black cloak and looks to be moving with grace.

Next to him stood a man with shoulder length black hair. His red eyes cloudy and totally expressionless, as if he had no interest in anything in life. His skin almost papery. He was taller than the others yet he held the same grace.

A step before the two stood a man with pitch black straight hair. His skin also translucent, almost onion like. He looked more shale than granite like the others. His red eyes almost milky. He walks forward and seems to be floating.

Behind them several men and women stand with the same cloaks, only they were red on the inside.

Alex and Peter immediately get into a crouch at the threat.

The man closest to them starts to laugh in a way that makes a chill run over the siblings. "Magnificent." He says as he looks them up and down. Alex takes a stance in front of her brother and she snarls at him.

"My name is Aro," he holds out his hand for them to shake. "These are Caius and Marcus." Alex looks Caius straight in the eyes and notices a certain kind of hatred in his eyes. One that everyone hates. "Demitri," he motions towards a smaller man with a smirk on his lips. Alex looks further and sees two women and another man standing before the rest of the small army. "Those are Chelsea, Renata and Felix." She notices all the dark red eyes and takes an involuntary step back.

"Peter," he extends his hand and Aro grabs it firmly. His eyes turn white and Alex tries to interrupt whatever is happening but she is suddenly held back by two vampires.

"Interesting." Are lets Peter's hand go and looks at the female who is let loose by the two men. "Alex and Peter, what an interesting combination." Alex gets in front of her brother again to try and shield him from these people. He holds out his hand for her to shake and she looks at it with distaste. "It won't hurt." He urges with a smile slightly to big for Alex. She looks at the small army of vampires behind him and holds out her hand for him.

He grabs it and she feels a gigantic pain in her hand before screaming loudly.

**

Alex ducks and grabs the man that was charging towards her by his hair, only to slam him into the wall. Cracks appear on his face as parts of the wall fall down. The man groans and she grabs one of his arms, throwing him over her side and stepping onto his chest. She snarls at him as she rips his arm off. A loud shout rips through the air as she throws it away.

The man in front of her screams in pain but she doesn't seem to care as she rips pieces off of him.

**
"We can't get out of this." Alex whispers to Peter as they walk into the large building.

The vampires had taken them with them to Tuscany in Italy. A small town called Volterra.

"I know." Peter replies as they walk down the hallways.

"This is our home." Aro explains as they enter a large dome-like room. Three thrones are set in the far back, higher than the rest of the room. Two persons stand there, Peter notices the sibling bond as he himself shared with Alex. "I would like to introduce you to a few of our most valuable members." The twins walk forward and they discard of their hoods. Alex takes in a sharp breath at the sight of their beauty. Peter immediately grabs her hand, his sister not yet used to the beauty of vampires. "This is Jane," Aro motions to the blond girl. "And her twin Alec." Jane smirks as she looks at the siblings.

"Very nice to meet you."

**

"You did well." Felix pats Alex on the back and she quickly gets up. She didn't like the killing anymore. Seeing all the different body parts scattered around the make-shift arena didn't do well for her self image.

"We're done?" She asks him to be sure.

"Aro will be pleased." Demitri says and she looks at him, remembering her days at Volterra. He walks up to her and traces her jaw with his finger. "Too bad." He winks at her and the two Volturi members walk away.

Alex lets herself fall to the ground as she watches them disappear.

"Until next time." She looks up and Demitri blows her a kiss before they are completely gone.

She starts to scream loudly out of anger and she feels the familiar shakes take over her body. Quickly she takes out her phone and calls Peter who picks up almost immediately, waiting on her phone call. "I'm coming home." She tells him before hanging up and letting the anger take over her.