chapter 049

Alex had always been a sore loser, no matter the game. The times where Peter and she made bets or even just played a simple board game, were instantly changed from family game night to a hunkering towards winning the game. It didn't really matter, both were great in their games. Either won about an equal amount of times. But losing to her boyfriend in a dare, in something that she would normally excel in, took the fun out of every single game she had ever played.

But she had to come through, and she did.

"So you're my sister for the day?" Emmett asks Alex who glares at him from the couch.

Jasper had a different way of finding something fun and a good way to win. Alex had been on good terms with almost everyone except for Edward and it made Jasper uncomfortable.

"No, brother." Emmett smirks as he sees Alex' uncomfortable look. "We switchting entire places."

"So how did that come to be exactly?" Rosalie asks as she walks into the living room where her mate and her future sister in law were talking.

"I don't want to talk about it." She grumbles.

"Oh but I do." Jasper smiles as he walks inside the room. He looks at Alex and almost stops the entire happening. No, this will be good. "You see-.."

"Yes yes," Alex stands up and rushes over to clamp a hand over his mouth. "You're amazing in hunting." He peals her hand away from his mouth and smiles at her.

"If you really don't want to do-.."

"I really don't." She immediately replies. He raises an eyebrow and Alex sighs dramatically. "But I don't have a choice. You won. Now have fun being me." He leans over and pecks her lips.

"Have fun being a man."

"Have fun being yourself." She smiles and quickly pecks his cheek before running away as she hears him call out a rather offended 'hey!'.

Alex listens as he walks away and purses her lips before going inside the Cullen's house. She plops down on the couch next to Emmett and looks at him.

"So what does Jasper normally do?" He slowly turns his head towards her with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I have to pretend to be him, I'm not one to chicken out." Emmett shakes his head with a laugh before standing up.

"Let's go." Alex frowns and glances at Rosalie who is smirking as she looks towards the TV, not getting any hints from her.

"Where to?" He just laughs and walks out. "I mean it's midnight? I need to sleep sometime."

"You can sleep later!"

Alex hurries outside and speeds up to catch up with Emmett. They enter an open field and Alex raises an eyebrow. "What is this place?" She frowns as she looks at the thrown down trees and the marks everywhere. "Has he been fighting?" Alex asks as she runs her hand over some marks made in a tree.

"We have." Emmett replies with a nod. "He's not the best at working through things and he has a lot of past you know." Alex nods and sighs.

"Yeah he does." She turns towards Emmett. "So let's go." He raises an eyebrow. "I'm supposed to be Jasper, let's fight."

"I'm not fighting a woman that is like half my height." Alex smirks and speeds up to him and slides inbetween his legs, grabbing one at full speed so he falls onto his face. "You're asking for it." He stands up and laughs at her before running towards her but Alex just stands still as he runs against her, making marks on the ground as Alex just grabs Emmett's shoulders to hold on.

It was a while before Emmett eventually 'won' but not after showing the rest of the Cullens - with the exception of Edward - that she could handle herself. It was something that they had their doubts about, she saw it whenever Jasper and she were close around them. Jasper had been in the army after all and had fought many battles, they however didn't know any bit of her history. Or the fact that she was older than any of them together.

Alex was finally able to rest and after drinking a bottle of scotch to ease her nerves of sleeping somewhere else, she quickly fell asleep on Jasper's bed.

Going to bed at five would normally mean staying in till she felt hungry, but Esme had different plans. It was a sunny day and though she had already told them that she wasn't going to school on Monday, Esme deemed it fit for her to get out of her room at Jasper's time. Which meant 8 o'clock.

"You do realise that I do need normal food and normal sleep right?" Esme hums in acknowledgement before getting out of the room. There was no denying it, Alex would do anything for that goddess of a woman. Even getting up after only three hours of sleep.

Esme had made breakfast in the way that they do in movies. Though the Spures loved to spoil themselves when it came to good food, nothing compared to a dining table filled with pancakes, orange juice, toast and every other movie like imaginable thing.

"Jasper doesn't smoke." Esme says as she grabs a seat for Alex. "But I'll make an exception for the morning of coffee with a cigarette. He told me how you could get." Alex smiles at the woman and kisses her cheek before walking towards the porch, ready to sit down and take her peaceful moment.

Both of them had not imagined that one of the siblings would stay home on Monday. But one did. And Alex did not want to see him.

Yet here Edward was, standing in front of her with a scowl that could not make matters any better.

~~~~~~~

Who wants to see Jasper's day? If not than I'll just carry on.