chapter 036

"It's your decision." Peter says softly as he hugs his sister. "I don't think it'll bother him." Alex looks up with big eyes. "He is in love with a dog, something else isn't that big of a deal." She sighs.

"But I kept it a secret."

"And for good reason." Her brother replies curtly.

"What about the tour?" Peter shakes his head.

"I told them it was over, let's just keep it at that."

Today was one of the many days that Jasper and Alex spent together. They were a newly formed couple and Alex had made it known that she had wanted to get to know one another better, so they did. But this day was big, she was going to tell him Peter and her's secret. Something that Jasper's whole family will know within minutes of him turning home.

Alex had spread out the picnic blanket in their spot. It was on the far off end of the Spure terrain and no one could bother them there. They had shared a few moments there in the last few weeks and this was going to be another one if everything went well. It had to go well.

She hears Jasper rush towards their spot and slow down as he comes into close vision. Alex had told him how she disliked him going fast and he didn't ask why, he just complied.

"Ma'am," he says before he hugs her. "What game did you have in mind for today?"

It was something they could do the whole day. Playing chess or even Go Fish.

"21 questions." She simply says as they sit down. He raises an eyebrow but shrugs. "You go first." She grabs a drink and sits herself back.

"If you had to rename yourself, what would it be and why?" She chuckles as she starts to ponder it over. She had thought about it before.

"Dana. It means 'God has judged'. I just never got to it. Liked my name to much."

"What are you irrationally afraid of?" Jasper narrows his eyes as he thinks about the question. She takes a sip of her drink as she looks at the man that she had been infatuated with for a long time.

"Snakes." He suddenly says and she can't help but burst out in laughter. He grins alongside her and starts to think of a question. "Why do you work?"

"I've known the Pawly's for a very long time." She looks at his confused face and chuckles. "She knows I don't really age but she's not scared by it. She does however, and I know that it's hard for her, now that her husband is gone."

"So you have compassion." She rolls her eyes and pushes him lightly, enough for him to topple over unto his back. "Your turn." He simply says as he leans on his right arm, looking at her. Alex takes a deep breath.

"Have you ever wondered if my brother and I are different from the other wolves?" Jasper blinks but nods slowly.

"I have." His answer also slow. She nods and takes another sip. He narrows his eyes at her, not knowing if it was something he should go in further.

"Well, ask away." She mutters. He suddenly feels a rush of guilt, shame and a small sense of fear running over her. Now he knew why she wanted to play this game, she didn't know how to tell him. This was her way of being truthful and though he didn't particularly like the fact that she had chosen this way, he was proud of the fact that she had chosen to confide in him.

"What are you?" He asks softly.

"We're hybrids." He narrows his eyes. "We-.."

"It's your turn for a question." He interrupts and she looks up. He wasn't at all bothered.

"Uh," she flutters her eyes before looking at his hair. "Can I cut your hair sometime." He chuckles and nods.

"What kind of hybrids." She narrows her eyes at him. "I won't interrupt."

She smiles at him and sighs. "Half wolf half vampire." She waits for his reaction but it stays silent, a sign for her to go on. "We were what.. 15? 16? When we first turned into wolves. We took down half the woods in our fight and it got the attention of some neighborhood vampires, apparently they were the reason for our change. We lived like that for a few years before I came across one. For some reason I couldn't shift and he managed to bite me. I think that's why I turned. Because I couldn't change I mean." She looks at him and he seems to be listening intently. "You want to hear more?"

"Yes," he sits closer to her and pours her another drink. "How did it happen to Peter?" She chuckles as he keeps to the 21 questions in spirit.

"A half year later. I knew I couldn't go to him, I'd kill him. I was half wolf half newborn, that just wouldn't go well. I did however manage to kill three of the four nomads in our area. The fourth knew of my brother and changed him. I killed that one easily." She shrugs. "We knew that we couldn't stay home. I was already remembering less and less about my family. I didn't want them to know this side of me. Peter did go home once he controlled his lust." Alex looks at Jasper again. "More?" She asks him and he shakes his head.

"Not if you don't want to." She takes another sip and shrugs. "Another time." He simply states. "Are you okay?"

"Better now that I've told you." She admits but he already knew, the bad emotions were gone the second she admitted to being a hybrid. There was one though. "Do you hate me now?" He shakes his head.

"I could never."