chapter 84

"When we were five, they asked us whet we wanted to be when we grew up.. Our answers were things like astronaut, president... Or in my case, princess."

Pietro rides his bicycle and Alexandra laughs. "You're too old for this shit." She says and he sticks up a certain finger.

"So what do you want to do next?" She asks him as he falls down once again. Cycling was not his forte.

"How about medicine? I could be a doctor." She starts to laugh and nods.

"Maybe I could be a lawyer." Pietro snorts before pushing her backwards.

"No you can't."

"When we were ten, they asked again and we answered -rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grownup, they want a serious answer. Well, how bout this: who the hell knows?!"

"So will you go with the Cullens or will Jasper come with us? Or will we be one big clan?" The Spure siblings stare up to the sky and Alex shrugs.

"Honestly? I hadn't thought so far ahead. I keep forgetting that we'll have to move someday."

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. fall in love - a no way to make in philosophy cause there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing nothing is permanent..."

"No!" Alexandra shouts as she hears the screams of her brother.
She runs towards him and sees one of the nomads hanging over him. She lunges at the man and they start to struggle. She easily rips his head off, the power of a hybrid and new born combined. She looks over to her brother who is screaming and only by sheer force of love does she not bleed him dry.

"So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday when they ask again what we want to be.... we won't have guess. We'll know."

It is dark on the overpass and only if you look closely, you could see the four utterly motionless people. They are dressed in black clothes and look down at the mayhem.

"How indiscreet." Alec's voice filled with distaste.

"They've already drawn too much attention."

"So has our inaction." Demitri adds to Felix' statement. "Others may begin to question the Volturi's... effectiveness."

"Let them." Jane simply says.

"Maybe we should consult Aro." Jane shoots Felix a look. Searing pain shoots through his body. The massive Felix drops to the ground writing silently.

"Aro's decisions are being watched, interceding."

Alec places a hand on his sister's shoulder. "Then decide, sister. It's time." She releases Felix and Demetri helps him up. She smiles at Alec , utterly uncaring of the agony she just caused Felix.

"Yes, it is." She looks down at the newborns once again. "Either we let them do what they were created for, or we end them. Decision, decisions..."

The music in the Cullen household is pounding and teenagers are dancing all over. Everyone is celebrating.

Bella looks around and spots Edward in deep consultation with Carlisle, Emmett and Jasper. Their mood is intense, making her frown. She heads toward them but Jessica and Angela swoop in.

"You're finally here!" Angela hugs her excitedly and Bella smiles at the two.

"What'd you think of my speech? Too easy-breezy, self-helpful?"

"Actually, you pretty much nailed it." Bella's voice genuine.

"Like I was born to lead, right?"

Before Bella can reply, Angela gasps. "I love this song! Come on!" She pulls them to the dance floor where Eric and Mike find them.

"Time to dance, Bella. don't make me get my robot on." Mike says and Bella stifles a laugh.

"You wish your robot looked this good." Mike and Eric start a robot battle, making the girls laugh.

Alex walks in and Bella notices the look in her eyes but it is quickly blocked by Jasper who stands in front of her.

"Are you okay?" He asks Alex and she looks up.

"I'm just here for the party." She mutters and takes a sip of her flask. She hadn't told Jasper that Jessica's speech hit home. It made her sick to her stomach to think that she would never see Pietro again.

He wraps an arm around her and leads her towards the kitchen where the others are. Alex drunk, might not be a good thing around Bella or humans at all.

Though a dance floor is Bella's idea of hell, she forces a smile, shuffles a bit. Only until she sees Jacob entering, calm, confident. Quil and Embry flank him, looking tense, eyes darting around the room. Bella maneuvers off dance floor and into Jacob's path.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him filled with hostility.

"You invited me, remember?"

"Was my right hook too subtle? Cause that was me uninviting you."

Jacob looks at her with genuine remorse. "Bella, I'm sorry about, you know, the kiss and your hand and... I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing but... It was just me. Being an ass. Really, I'm sorry." She sees he's sincere and her face softens before she nods. "I brought you a graduation present. Made it myself." He takes her hand and clasps a charm bracelet to her wrist. An intricately hand-carved figurine of a wolf on it.

"It's beautiful? You made this?" Jacob nods. "Wow, I ... thank you." Jacob looks pleased but frowns as Bella suddenly looks past him. He follows her gaze and sees Alice standing completely still on the staircase. "I'll be right back."

"Why? What's going on?"

"Nothing." Bella says a little too quickly. "Just wait here a sec." Jacob throws a suspicious look towards Embry and Quil as Bella pushes through the crowd.

Bella reaches Alice just as she comes out her vision, her face alarmed. "Alice,what is it? What did you see?" Jacob appears beside her and she curses inwardly.

"Okay, something is going on. Tell me."

"I need to talk to Jasper." Jacob puts an arm against the wall, blocking her.

"Why don't you talk to me?" Suddenly, Jasper is there. His expression lethal.

"I suggest you remove - your - arm. Before I do." Jacob does so, slowly, carefully.

"Just looking for info-.."

"The decision's been made." Alice quickly tells Jasper.

A feeling of dread fills Bella. "You're not going to Seattle, are you?" Alice shakes her head.

"No... they're coming here."