chapter 027

Normally I really wouldn't do self promotion, BUUUTTT I haven't had a book doing this well in forever.

Soo, I'm doing another Twilight book. It's in the works, check that out. Also, if there are any Narnia, Marvel, Harry Potter fans. I don't know if you think they're good, but they're there 🙋🏻‍♀️

Btw, vote and COMMENT
I'd love to hear some thoughts!

~~~~~~~~~~

Alex and Peter had always enjoyed going to school. Certainly when Alex was allowed as one of the first young women to even go to school. Ever since then, Alex and Peter thrive to be the best version of themselves. They take new classes at every school and a few old ones, in which they excell.

Religious Studies was the class of this school. This was also the first time that Alex had worked with someone, Jasper to be exact. And they got an A. An A! Though Alex was thrilled to do so well in a class she found hard, she didn't like the idea that Jasper helped her. But he did and she had to cope with it.

School was starting yet again and there was a buzz mixed of excitement with reluctance. The Spure's didn't know where the Cullen's were in this graph, but they sure as he'll were excited. Their optimism for school never seemed to fade. This year, their classes wouldn't all be together. After all, they were growing and they didn't want there to be any suspicions. The students already found them strange, they were rather close.

"I got Biology first." Alex says as she takes a bite from her apple and grabs her brother's schedule. She chuckles to herself as she looks at the classes they chose. She had chosen Biology and I.T., while her brother had chosen Handcraftsmenship and Arts. They had mirrored each other. "Well then, I guess I'll see you at lunch." She pecks his cheek before walking towards her class.

She had come a long way since the Cullen's had arrived at school, and everyone at the school took notice. No one was able to talk to the Spure siblings, not even when one of them went on a 'holiday'. But now, if they were in group projects, the female of the siblings actually helped. They were able to talk to her. The male of the two was already more loveable than the other, he competed in sports and had teammates. But even then, he was the suffer in silent type. Now, he provided help and counsel for those who needed it.

Alex' head turns to the window seat where Edward is already sitting. She gulps as she remembers when she sat there and she had her attack. It wasn't something she was proud of, but she did have them occasionally. The roles were reversed however and she took the seat that he had last year, making him turn slightly and smirk at the place she chose.

The teacher immediately gave them a project and they had to choose their partners. The teacher promised that this wouldn't be the partnership for the whole year and people were already turning to ask the Cullen or Spure for help but a lot of disappointed looks appeared as Edward had quickly sat next to Alex. He didn't like teamwork, but it would be bearable with a smart mind like his own.

Alex looks to him with a raised eyebrow and wants to say something, but mister Tanner beats her to it.

"The person with the highest grade," he crouches and gets something from his bag. "Wins this." He holds up something to represent a trophee and Alex chuckles to herself. A few catcalls come from the students and everyone quickly goes to work. Except for the two in the back.

"What was so funny?" Edward asks her as he turns towards her. She looks at him and is taken aback. Stupid family and their beauty.

"Just that teachers haven't gotten more creative than when I first was allowed to go to school." He raises an eyebrow.

"How old are you?" She laughs but quickly quiets herself down as she gets a few looks thrown towards her, mostly by beautiful girls that are exposing rather jealous faces.

"You are not supposed to ask a lady that." She smirks before looking down at the assignment. Again, studying was not her thing. This was something different, you could look at things. Alex may not know the precise words, but she knew the exact order of how it would have to be. They had to make an herbarium. It was one of her specialties. She knew exactly what kind of plants they could get, how to sort them in colors and how they would present them. Different ideas pop into her head as she looks at the paper in front of her.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Alex snaps out of her daze and looks at her partner. Right.

"Is it only my mind that you can't read?" She leans down on her right hand and looks at Edward who chuckles lightly and turns to her as well.

"Is that what you were thinking about?" She shakes her head. "Mind sharing that first?"

"I'll just put it in my notes and we can get that discussed later," she quickly makes short and unreadable notes before turning back to Edward. "But seriously, only my mind?" He shakes his head.

"Sometimes I can read yours." She frowns. "When you are.." he tries to find the right words and Alex just adores the look on his face. "Vulnerable. Not in a bad way," he quickly says, noting that her heart skipped a beat when he said that. "It's like Jasper." She raises an eyebrow at this and he chuckles. "He didn't tell you?" Alex shrugs. "He can feel whatever you are feeling, but he can't change it like he normally can. Only when you're vulnerable."

"And Alice?" Edward shakes his head.

"She can't see wolfs." Alex nods as she purses her lips before gesturing around the room.

"What is everyone thinking?"