chapter 007

Alex and Peter sat outside their house. One of them a beer in hand, the other a whiskey.

"He didn't say anything, did he?" Alex frowns before taking a small sip of her drink. Peter shakes his head.

"I don't think he recognised me." He chuckles as he downs his beer. "You want another?" She looks down at her almost empty glass, downs it and hands it to her brother.

He walks inside to fill her glass and grab himself a beer. Alex looks at the tree line and shakes her head. How did we get into this mess. She hears something in the forrest and raises an eyebrow as a black wolf appears.

"Sam?" Her voice confused.

The wolf walks back and a man wearing shorts reappears. He slowly walks over to her and she smiles at the sight. He had a great body.

"Showing off again, are we?" She teases and he shakes his head laughing before sitting on the stairs of their porch. He sniffs before gagging.

"You went to them?"

"You knew that." She rolls her eyes and accepts the glass from her brother. He hands Sam the beer and gets inside to fetch another before sitting down on his chair.

"How was it?" He asks them seriously. They look at each other before answering at the same time.

"Fine."

"Weird."

They share a look again before Alex starts chuckling.

"It went good for as far as it can be. We were civil and they were too." Sam rolls his eyes at Peter's words. He didn't like the Cullens and certainly not the thought of the Spures at their house.

"Why are you here?" Alex asks as she takes a large sip from her whiskey, thinking about the events of this day.

"Can't I just have a drink with a few friends?" She raises an eyebrow and he starts to laugh. "One of them changed." She nods. "I have been with him all day." Peter leans forward and looks at the man.

"You need help?"

Sam shakes his head. "Not yet."

**

The Spure siblings held a certain love for Religious Studies. Certainly Alex was interested in it, seeing as this was the first time she was taking this class. Peter had done this before and wanted to compare the schools.

Just as Alex wants to text her brother where he is, Jasper and Alice walk in. She rolls her eyes and looks at the chalkboard, thinking that the siblings were going to sit together on the other side of the class. However, the blond sits next to her and she frowns.

"That seat is taken by Pete-.." she stops her sentence as she sees Peter being pulled in the seat next to Alice. "Your sister is matchmaker now?" She cheekily says.

Jasper smirks. "Only when I ask." She chuckles and rolls her eyes.

"She must do that a lot then." Alex mumbles before looking at the teacher who starts his lesson.

**

There were times where Alex just wanted to give up on life as it held no mercy for the damned.

"I noticed." Alex rolls her eyes as she sits at her usual lunch table with her brother. Once again the Cullen's - at least a few of them - had decided to grace them with their presence after a few weeks had past since that Sunday. Edward had gone away this weekend and had yet to return.

"Detective-like of you." Jasper smirks.

The Cullen's had talked and some wanted to be civil, some wanted to get to know the Spures better. The latter being Emmet, Jasper and Alice. Rosalie didn't mind so she tagged along to tell the Spure siblings just that.

They had sat down and told them that they wanted to get to know each other better. Peter was chuckling at Alex' uneasiness.

Even though the Sunday a few weeks ago went well, Alex was still reserved. Peter always let people in to quick and his sister just wants to make sure that he does not get hurt again. That being particularly hard when they won't stop bugging you.

"You need help with RS?" Alex looks up at Emmett.

"No, why'd you ask?" Peter wouldn't rat her out.

"Just though I could help." She scoffs and narrows her eyes at him.

"I don't need help." She grabs her books and walks out of the lunchroom.

"She finds it hard to accept help." Peter tries to apologize. "The only reason we go to school is because she wants to educate herself. She has a hard time learning some things, even though she has a great mind." He smiles at Emmett. "My apologies for how she reacted."

"Jasper could've helped her better anyway." He shrugs as he leans back.

"You like religions?" Peter asks the Hale brother, who gives a nod in his direction.

"Once you lived through the history, you like it." He chuckles.