chapter 011

"She's just asleep." Edward says as Peter downs a glass of vodka, finally allowing himself to not worry about his sister. Peter looks up with a frown before chuckling.

"Right, mindreader." His eyes widen as he sits up straight. "What'd you see?" Jasper puts his hand on Peter's arm. Peter looks at him and narrows his eyes. "Don't do it." He simply states as he looks at the empath. All three of them knowing what he is referring to. "She doesn't need it right now." Jasper looks down and takes a breath.

"I know." They both look at Edward who is standing rather awkwardly, deciding whether he should tell them or not.

"Was it something bad?" Edward frowns as he looks at the young man, who is currently standing up. "Because you have no right to judge us. Right now she's rather vulnerable and that's why you catch glimpses, but there is a reason why I don't even know what she has been doing the last few weeks. It is her right to tell us." Edward looks at Peter who is standing in front of him at eye level, threatening him to take one step out of line.

"Why did she do it?" He simply asks. Hurt flashes across Peter's eyes and he shakes his head.

"Sometimes people have no choice." Peter sits down and grabs the bottle. "That's the shitty part about it, you have someone you love, there is always someone trying to take it away." He looks at the adopted siblings and waves his hand. "I'm going to do what she normally does, but I'm better at it." He grins as he takes a sip. "You don't want to see me drunk, you better go." He laughs as the two just shake their head and move towards their own home.

**

Alex hands Peter her phone as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"You alright?" He asks her as he places it in his pocket. She nods.

"I don't know what came over me." She sighs as she looks up. "Luckily Mrs. Pawly is an amazing and understanding woman." She chuckles lightly before looking at her brother again. "Did you send them away?" Peter nods.

"I wanted to get drunk but you woke up to soon." She rolls her eyes jokingly and gets up. "Where are you going?" She turns to him just as she walks through the door.

"Getting drunk, you coming?"

He barks with laughter before going downstairs and grabbing a bottle.

Even though Alex may be the more impulsive one and Peter the more calculated one, they both had characteristics from each other. If you live long enough with the same persons, you will see yourself become like them.

"Let's go!" He grabs her hand and leads her outside where he has the infamous picnic blanket layed out and their speaker installation all set up. She chuckles as all different kind of foods are spread out on a table low enough to reach when sat on the ground. The Christmas lights were on and it made Alex smile as she took in the sight. It was amazing. "Are you coming or what?!" He asks while he puts on their mixtape filled with songs that they both like.

He grabs her hand and twirls her around before they start to dance in sync with the music.

After a while Alex sits down and looks at her brother swaying to the music, completely in his own world. She looks at him and her heart starts to feel heavy.

"I'm sorry." Peter stops and looks her with a smile and raised eyebrows.

"For what?" He laughs softly before letting himself fall down next to her.

"For not telling you." She looks at him sideways and he looks down.

"You don't have to be sorry about it." He looks past the house, right at the pitch black sky. "It's your decision to tell me anything. If you don't want to, you don't have to." He looks at her and gives her a sweet smile.

She leans her head on his shoulder and he wraps an arm around her. "I don't know if I want to." She mutters and he squeezes her arm.

"And that's completely okay." He starts humming along to the next song, knowing that it made her calm.

"What do we do with the Cullens?" She asks him, truly not knowing what to do. They were getting pretty involved but she was apprehensive.

"They seem nice enough." Peter shrugs and Alex could do nothing but trust her brother. She would with her life.

"Carlisle?" Peter shakes his head.

"I don't think he realises who we are. Otherwise his family would already know." He sighs as he wraps his arms around his knees. "I just hope that Edward can keep his mouth shut."

Alex' mouth opens and shuts a few times, as if wanting to say something but not knowing where to begin. "I want to tell you," she softly utters. "But it's all in the past, right? You don't need to react angry about it." He nods in understanding and she starts to explain, not noticing the eaves dropping vampire standing at the edge of his land.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If there are any suggestions, go ahead!