chapter 044

Both of the Spure siblings had decided to skip a day of school. Monday was a day that they both disliked and they suspected snow. It wasn't something they adored in any way. Maybe it was their because of their roots or maybe it was because it was wet and cold and they couldn't enjoy their usual Monday picnic, but they had decided to stay in their house and put on their fireplace.

"You told them?" Peter asks while putting half a sandwich in his mouth. Alex doesn't know if it was disgusting or hilarious so she decides to say nothing about it.

"Yeah, I texted Jasper. He says hi and to have fun." Peter puts up his thumb and looks around.

"What are we going to do anyway?" He asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"I thought about a movie marathon? Or a game marathon?"

"Movies." Alex raises an eyebrow at him. "Remember the last game marathon?"

"Right."

It so happened that they used to take a day off every half year, just to spend some quality time together. They celebrated that time with good food, drinks and games. But the games got a bit out of hand. Where they first started with the usual board games, they eventually made their own thriatlon. Something that got the attention of the Volturi after a while, due to them being seen by humans. They relocated and that was the end of that.

Their movies had been chosen and they had decided on their favorites.

"How are you and Jasper?"

They were halfway through their first movie - Nanny McPhee - when Peter asks the question, fully absorbed in his junkfood. Alex glances over at her brother and smiles to herself. This was something that she couldn't see often enough, the childish side of her serious brother.

"We're good." She purses her lips. "Sometimes I wonder how long it'll last. I mean, I certainly haven't worked through all my problems yet."

"Maybe you should see a shrink as well." She raises an eyebrow and chuckles.

"There is no one like yours but we are not having the same one." He shrugs.

"Maybe he knows someone." Alex shakes her head.

"All I need are you and Harvey."

"Speaking off," Peter grabs his phone. "I'll ask him when he finally gets here." He looks over to his sister who starts to laugh. "What?"

"Just picturing Harvey, Emmett and then you."

It didn't take lone for the two to get into the movies. They loved the fantasy and escape that it brought and though they enjoyed their lives, there was always something about a guaranteed good ending that they enjoyed. Peter didn't even notice his phone going off and Alex didn't check the time, a habit that she had noticed whenever she was in class or doing something that didn't fully capture her attention.

"Hey," the siblings snarl at the intruders who look at them with wide eyes. Emmett had seen a lot of scary things in his life, for one the bear that killed him, but the Spure siblings snarling at them as animals was something he didn't expect nor wanted to see again.

"You do it." He pushes Jasper forward and smiles at the two in front of him. He adored the relationship that the siblings held. They teased one another but they would never stand against each other.

"Hey," Jasper says again, a smirk lacing his lips. He knew the snarling - Alex had done it a few times since Bella had come around, the wolf side taking over - but he wasn't scared of it. He knew that Alex wouldn't hurt him. "Brought you some homemade food so you won't have to eat garbage." The Spure siblings look away shamefully and Emmett chuckles as he hears the crinkles of bags that used to be filled with candy or chips.

"Yeah." Peter stands up. "To kind of you, bye." He puts his hand on both of Emmett and Jasper's backs as he ushers them out.

"Bye darling." Jasper yells as Alex just looks at him sheepishly.

"You could've been nicer." Alex says to her brother.

"They scared the shit out of me." Peter looks at his sister. "No seriously, I need to go to the bathroom." Alex scrunches up her nose in disgust. "Enjoy the food."

Alex looks towards the bag and sniffs. Esme had outdone herself once more. She had made Romanian cabbage rolls and the traditional beef tripe soup. Alex chuckles at the thought of Esme learning Romanian cuisine especially for them, even though they weren't completely Romanian.

"You okay?" A loud 'yes' confirms Alex' thoughts and she goes on to lay out the food.

Peter comes down and looks at the set table with a smile. "That woman amazes me more every day." Alex nods in agreement and they sit down.

"We need to get something to say thank you." Peter raises an eyebrow and chuckles. "What?"

"Who would've thought that you'd go soft this quickly." Alex rolls her eyes. "I'm actually really proud of you." He wraps an arm around his sister before they dig in.

It didn't take long for them to finish the food and get back to their movies. Around 1 o'clock in the morning they were still glued to the screen but were now sprawled all over the couch. Alex' head on Peter's shoulder and his head on hers.

"Let's stay home one more day." Peter mutters against Alex' head and she slowly nods, agreeing completely with this decision.