chapter 026

An uncomfortable silence hangs in the air as the Spure siblings are back on a plane. They'd left Egypt two hours ago and Alex was reading a magazine while Peter was staring in front of him.

"Are you still mad?" He suddenly asks. He looks over to her, only to see her shrug and turn to the next page. "We thought it'd be interesting." She stops reading, sighs and looks at her brother.

"You two normally behave like grown toddlers that just do the first thing that pops up in their brain," Alex says as she looks at the two young men. "But this is seriously not okay!"

Alex had gone to the location that the other woman had given to. When she got there, she was taken into a separate office by two men. They wondered how Alex knew the two young men that they had in custody.

She had to talk to the men and explain what was wrong with Peter and Harvey. She told them that she had money, and lots of it.

"I've heard what you two said." She whispers, knowing that only Peter could hear it. "But I'm trying to better my life here, and bribing official police officers is not a part of that!"

"Yes," Peter acknowledges. "But we didn't know it was illegal."

"Now you do." She sighs as she looks at the news on the screen in front of her.

"It won't be found yet." She raises an eyebrow and looks at him. "I know." She chuckles. "You put a new one out there." She shrugs before turning back to her magazine.

**

The siblings walk towards the Uley household and smile at the entrance as Sam walks out with open arms.

"There they are." Peter walks up to the man while Alex pats his shoulder and walks by him to see the woman of the house.

The Uley's had asked for their help. After helping them a few times over the last half year, they'd become quite the friends. It wasn't only because of a pact that they met, it was because they understood each other.

"How was Egypt?" Emily asks as she places down food in front of the four.

"It was amazing." Alex rolls her eyes at her brother's comment. Of course he'd find that. "Alex didn't think so." He chuckles and she swats his arm.

"Well I don't like getting you out of jail." She takes a sip from her drink right as Emily sits down with a questioning look.

"This is a story I need to hear." Sam chuckles as he grabs a beer. Peter scratches his throat.

"At first you need to know about Harvey," Alex starts before Peter can even begin. "He's a wolf and he and Peter go way back. Peter's smart right?" The two in front of them nod. "Well, Harvey's too. But when they get together, they're like the last two brain cells of an idiot fighting over who has the best idea."

"That's not true." She raises an eyebrow and looks at her brother. "Well, we do dumb things. But this time it wasn't intentional!"

Peter starts to tell the story and the others respond just how Alex had predicted. They laughed.

The story was this: Peter and Harvey were drinking. And when two idiots start drinking, no good ideas are born. They wondered of there really were mummies down in the pyramids. Some said it was a myth and some said that it wasn't. At first they had wanted to see whether it was true or not, but they decided on something else. They wanted to see if the word was round or flat. You couldn't see it well enough from an airplane, their windows were round. But on top of a pyramid, you must be able to see a slight tilt.

"Did you find out?" Sam asks with a frown. He had never though of it before but of course he was curious.

"Well," Peter sheepishly admits. "We didn't really get that far." Emily frowns as she looks at the man.

When they had wanted to climb the pyramid, they hadn't foreseen that there'd be cameras and security. Something that they often missed when they were drinking and together. Halfway through, there were at least a dozen security guards and they heard the men calling for back up, so they decided to leave their mission and get back before they worried the humans.

"We only got one call all together and my phone died so Harvey called Alex but she didn't pick up." He glares to his left where his sister rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, because you promised not to do something stupid and I was on my spa day." Peter shrugs before telling them how the woman in charge told a lie to get Alex there and how Alex had to bribe them to remove the videos and pictures that they had of the two young men.

Sam shakes his head while laughing. "I never expected this from you." He says while his eyes are on Peter. His eyes shifts towards Alex and he shrugs. "From you however.." Alex gasps and she puts her hand over her heart.

"And here I thought that we were becoming friends." He smiles at her and she chuckles before throwing back her drink. "It's getting late," she kindly smiles towards Emily. "And if we want to help you with the boys, we'd better get some rest." Alex notices the glance that Emily gives Sam and he nods.

"Before you go," he begins and he grabs Emily's hand. "We had something we wanted to ask." Alex raises an eyebrow and looks confused towards her brother who is smirking.

"You're getting married." Alex frowns as Peter laughs at her face. "You didn't notice the rock?" Her mouth changes into an 'o'-shape as she looks at Emily's left hand.

"Well damn," Alex mutters before standing up and hugging the couple. Peter smiles as he sees this. Hugging was something she rarely did with others - except for him - before coming to Forks. It was growing on her. "This calls for a celebration." A large smile appears on her face as Sue leans behind the couch and holds up a bottle of champagne. "If he didn't marry you, I would."