chapter 048

"Aren't you hungry?" Jasper chuckles as he looks at Alex. She has sauce dripping from her chin as she pushes the meat in her mouth. He had seen how she ate and though Peter had asked him multiple times how he didn't break up over the repulsiveness of his sister, it didn't matter to him.

"You look disgusting." He says with a chuckle and she just grins at him.

"Yet you still love me." Her smile falters as she realises what she says and her eyes widen. "I'm sorry it's just a phrase." He shakes his head with a smile, this was not the time.

"Don't worry. And no," he sighs and lies back. "Not really."

"We could go on a hunt." He turns his hand and raises an eyebrow. "I hunt to you know." An amused look is thrown her way and she scoffs.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really." She cleans her face off. "Not as much as you do, obviously. But yeah." He sits up and looks at her with a smirk.

"Wanna bet?" Alex grins and stands up, looking down at him.

"What do we bet?" Jasper stands up and it's his turn to look down at her.

"Mountain lion." Alex' grin grows. It was her specialty. "Three of them. Though if one finds a bear, that's a total win."

"What do we play for?"

"The winner gets to choose." Alex smiles and Jasper's head grows closer. The way that his lips turn into a smirk makes Alex weak in the knees. He quickly pecks her lips before she feels the wind slightly going through her hair. She opens her eyes and she notices that he has disappeared.

"Damn boy," she mutters as she looks for her shoes. "That's bellow the belt."

Alex puts on her shoes and grabs her cigarettes, running towards the tip of the mountain, hoping to catch a glimps of her boyfriend. The thought brings a smile on her lips. She sees a mop of blonde hair running slightly to her right and she sees him slow down, throwing her a smirk and run away at his fastest. She and her brother may have been stronger than most vampires, they were not as fast. Something that Jasper took pride in.

It didn't take long for Alex to have find the first animal. Jasper had devoured a deer, but Alex was the one to find a mountain lion. Yelling for Jasper as she places the corpse down. She didn't want him to see her as she ate, it wasn't a pretty sight. However she loved how he took down the next and made it 1 - 1.

"So Mumford and Sons yeah?" She had heard of them but the name didn't peak her interest.

"You want to win fair," she bites her lip as he suddenly stands in front of her. A smirk on his lips and his hair waving from the movement. "Or do you want to keep talking and loose." If possible, the smirk on his lips grows even bigger and she scoffs. Alex raises an eyebrow and looks him straight in the eye.

"You weren't being fair just up there." She narrows her eyes and focuses on her mind. She knew that he could feel her when she was vulnerable, but also if she allowed him. Now she was allowing him, knowing it would distract him severely. His eyes fall into a daze as he looks at her and now it's Alex' turn to smirk. She gets on her tippytoes and kisses his cheek before rushing away.

Alex had been on the verge of winning. Creeping up on her third mountain lion while Jasper only had one. But before she could reach him, she heard the sound of a bear that was yelling out. Her heart aches as she thinks of the animals they just killed, but she felt more energized than she did in a long time.

She makes her way over to where she knew that she would find her boyfriend and his prey. She stops as she enters the open field and takes in the sight. He looked marvellous. His eyes golden as ever, his hair tousled, crouching down by the beast. Alex steps on a branch and Jasper's eyes snaps toward her. He smiles and stands up, making his way toward her victoriously.

Alex didn't mind that she lost, not to this man. She didn't want the moment to stop. Alex knew beauty, and he was the epitome of it right then and there.

He stands before her and takes her hands into his, slowly leaning down to peck her lips. A warm feeling washes over her and she opens her eyes, looking straight into his' as he holds his head fairly close.

"You cheated." He simply states, a large smile on his face. Dimples appear as she tries to hold back a smile.

"So did you." Alex replies and he chuckles.

"Whatever happened to fair and square?" He asks and Alex shakes her head.

"Never heard of all is fair in love and war?"

"This is war?" Alex hums. "Then you lost the war."

"Yes you won." She nods and winks before walking away. "But this was just one battle, someone else may win the war." He rushes towards her and stands in front of her, looking down with a look that Alex couldn't really describe.

"Oh will they now." He walks forward and she takes a step back, trying not to focus on his lips.

"Can I cut your hair someday?" She absentmindedly asks.

"You can't change the subject." Alex takes another step back but is stopped as she feels a tree in her back. Jasper raises an his hand and leans against it, slowly lowering his face towards her. She had dreamed of this, Jasper cornering her and kissing her fiercely. She closes her eyes and awaits his kiss. His lips brush against her and just as she wants to lean in, he ruins the moment. "I won, you have to make nice with Edward."