chapter 047

When Alex had awoken the next morning, she found herself safe and sound in Jasper's arms who was trying to act as if he wasn't looking at her.

"You're a creeper." Alex mutters while keeping her eyes closed.

"And there goes the moment." She starts to smile and looks up towards her boyfriend. "Good morning to you too." Jasper looks at his watch and frowns. He quickly looks down at Alex and grabs her face, searching for something.

"What's wrong?" She asks him with big eyes.

"Just wanted to see if you were sick." A small crease appears between her eyebrows. "It's six in the morning and you're already awake." She scoffs and pushes him away before stretching.

"I'll have you know that I like early mornings out in nature."

"You live in the woods."

They had taken the time to get a large breakfast in Alex' stomach - Jasper had put his foot down on that fact - and they finally went on their walking trip at eight o'clock when Alex finally had her morning coffee and cigarette.

"So tell me," Alex begins right as she kicks a small rock forward. "You're the newest to the diet." Jasper nods and begins walking backwards so he can look at her. "Yet you went to the party, your family left you all alone at school and the most thinkable thing happens and they let you go with me?" He snorts and a smile appears on her face. "Attractive."

"I'm not on edge with you." Alex furrows her eyebrows and Jasper can't help but smile at the innocent look that covers her face. "You distract me enough that I don't feel my hunger." Alex smirks at him and pokes him in his side.

"I can be very distracting." He laughs and wraps an arm around her.

"Very." He mimics and kisses the top of her head.

"You feel other's emotions too right?" He lowly hums against her hair. "Do you sometimes find them to much?" Her question soft and he narrows his eyes, wondering why she'd ask him such a question.

"Sometimes. There was this boy that I sat close too in a lot of classes and he was depressed. I couldn't help him and myself, but I went back to myself at the end of the day. He didn't." Alex purses her lips and is glad that they're walking. It's easier that way.

"Do you get hungry when you are close to Edward?" He stops and lets go of her. She turns around. "To me?"

He sighs and sits down on the slightly damp ground and pats the moss beside him. He knew she didn't mind, she was someone that loved nature and everything it had to offer. She does as he wishes and he turns to her, taking her hand in his and she looks up.

"Oh God, please don't propose." He raises an eyebrow while a smirk graces his face. "Well not yet." He shakes his head.

"Not going to." It's Alex' turn to raise an eyebrow. "Yet anyway." She smiles and he rubs his thumb over her knuckles. "Yes I get the hunger that you are feeling. Not that severe as I had expected." He looks her in the eyes and she diverts her eyes to the ground. "I don't mind it, it's only towards Bella and I don't see her that much."

"In love you have to be vulnerable Lex."

"But it scares me."

"That's how it works."

She looks back up at Jasper and searches for any evidence that he is lying but she doesn't. He really doesn't mind.

"I find this all scary." She admits softly.

"Asking me questions?" Jasper asks her confused and she looks him straight in the eyes, don't wanting to avert her eyes as she normally does.

"That," she chuckles a bit. "But also being in a relationship and being open." Jasper smiles a little and looks down at the ground. If he could blush, this would be the time.

"Well, you're my first real relationship after the woman that made me kill a lot of young vampires so I guess that's a good start." He says, trying to ease the heaviness of the conversation.

"And you're my first relationship since the Volturi decided to change my boyfriend into a vampire so they could have me stay and kill vampires for them." They both laugh as they think about their pasts.

"We're horrible at this, aren't we?" Jasper asks her softly and Alex nods before lifting his jaw lightly and gives him a peck on the mouth.

"How about we get further with getting to know one another better?" She asks him and he nods.

"What's your favourite genre?"

"Country, pop and rock." She immediately reacts.

"Yeah?" Jasper raises an eyebrow and gets up so they can walk further, after all that was what she had planned. "What bands? Or certain singles?"

"Queen and ABBA by far." A snort comes from Jasper and Alex starts to laugh. "Seriously attractive."

"Seriously?" He raises an eyebrow. "Those bands?'

"Yeah, though that girl Taylor Swift is making headways with her country music." Jasper smiles at the girl beside him. She had different sides to her. "Though the Pretty Reckless is also great? And I like classical music as well. I don't think I have a certain interest that much. Everything is good besides House, though that's pretty nice if you're at a party-.."

"Okay, so everything." Jasper interrupts and she smiles up at him.

"That sounds about right. You?"

"Mumford and Sons." He quickly replies.

"No different songs?"

"I guess, but that band is the only one that I love all the songs to." Alex shrugs.

"Okay well I don't know them-.."

"Okay, when we get back, I'm going to have to forse feed you the songs."