chapter 033

Alex walks around the room anxiously. She had gone home before school was even over, she was sick to her stomach from the nerves. None of the Cullens knew except for Edward because once again, they had Biology together. Of course he'd tell the rest of them and that's why she was even more nervous.

They'd expect the worst from her and she was not ready for that. She just wanted to go on a date with a gorgeous guy and enjoy it.

"Lex?" Her eyes widen as she hears the voice of her brother. She runs downstairs and meets him halfway in the living room. She hugs him and he pats her half wet shoulders. "You're wet." She rolls her eyes as she holds her towel close to her body. "Oh right, you got the date coming up." He teases and she sighs.

"I don't know what to do Peter." She mutters and he hugs her again.

"Just be yourself." He holds her back. "Preferably in a dress."

"I can't do both!"

Eventually Peter had decided for her what to wear and it had turned out to look great. He had done her hair the way that suited her face and was still comfortable.

The door bell rings and her eyes widen as she looks at Peter for help. "Open the door." Is the only thing he says and she does. Before her stood Jasper in all his glory.

He is dressed in all black clothing, together with open army boots - something that made her weak to her knees - and he had done his hair a little neater than before.

"Hey," she manages to get out. "You look.." she stops as she tries to find the right words.

"Magnificent." Jasper chuckles as he looks behind her and Alex turns her head to see Peter standing there innocently.

"Thank you." Jasper says and Alex feels a blush creep up on her face as she turns back but she notices that Jasper is still looking at her brother. "You look good as well." Alex rolls her eyes with a smile on her face. The nerves were gone. "And you look," Jasper looks back at Alex. "Amazing." He holds out the orange daffodils for her and she melts. They weren't easy to come by, yet here they were.

"Thank you." She mutters as she accepts them and she quickly walks into the kitchen to put them in a vase. "Bye!" She gives her brother a peck on the cheek and he lazily waves a hand in the air.

"Bring her back by ten."

"The movie's not over till 11!" Peter shrugs at Alex' words.

"Make your own bedtime then."

The ride was silent and Jasper felt her nerves, but there wasn't something he could do about it. He thought about what Peter had told him. The only thing he could do was show her that she could trust him.

"Jasper, this is amazing."

"A woman's love goes through the stomach right?" He chuckles.

"A man after my own heart." She stops talking as she acknowledges what she said. She had said it before in a joking way, but this was a date!

"You don't have to stop your jokes." He softly says as he puts his hand over hers, making her look at the gesture. "You're still you. You don't have to be nervous." She looks up.

"How'd you.. right. Empath." She chuckles at her own dumb mind. "I'm not used to this." She softly confesses. "Someone taking me out on a date and not trying to get in my pants." He frowns as he looks at her. "While I may not be a prude or something, this is not something I take lightly." She tries to explain het feelings. He squeezes her hand before grabbing the menu.

"Me neither." She smiles at him and he notices a blush on her cheeks.

"So why did you not want us at your table?" He suddenly mentions, just as she places a piece of steak in her mouth. "The first time we met?" She chuckles and sighs.

"It was at that table where I first drew my mom." He leans in to hear more and she decides to tell him. "I can't remember my family, I told you that right?" He nods. "I had a moment of clarity, it was when Peter was gone, and I just drew. It turned out to be my greatest piece of art. Pie-.. Peter knew immediately that it was our mother." She smiles lightly and he hums.

"Any other art pieces that you're proud of?" She shrugs. "You know what I mean. Why don't you take Art?" She gasps.

"Jasper Whitlock," a chill runs over Jasper as she says his name. "I do not do well with art, why do you suggest I do such a course?" She winks before sipping of her wine.

**

They had been to the movies before but this time was different. The whole movie was spent by watching the movie in a rented out room - it was easier for Jasper that way - and them glancing at one another while the other wasn't looking. Halfway through, Jasper found the courage to grab her hand, hoping that she would not pull away. She didn't.

The ride home is silent but it happens to be a comfortable silence. Alex is thinking about how it went and how she was going to tell everything to her brother.

"It was good right?" Alex looks over to Jasper, chuckling silently at the way that he wanted to do small talk.

"I'm wondering if they ever will make a female one. That would be badass, Cate Blanchett should be in it."

"She does it for you?" He asks and she nods furiously.

"Have you seen that woman?"

"Oh yes, I have." Alex raises a teasing eyebrow. "Uh oh, do I have competition?"

"Never." He softly says and Alex feels fluttering in her stomach.

Jasper pulls unto her driveway and Alex sighs soft enough so he doesn't hear. It was over. She didn't want it to be over, but she knew that she had to pace herself. They both get out of the car, Jasper going in for the usual hug - something that they had done since he had walked her home from the dinner at his home - and she hugs him back. She let's go and Jasper immediately feels a cold from where she used to be, but not for long.

You see, the other times he had kissed her. He had closed the gap. But this time she was the one to stand on her tippy toes so she could kiss him softly. It was over before it could go further, but it was everything they both had wanted for a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~

3 is my lucky number and it is fitting that chapter 33 is where they first kiss. My goodness, it's making me melt these two.