𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓

Kataleya stood in front of her mother who was sitting in the wheelchair watching TV. She eyed her mother closely as she watched her mother tap her fingers.

It's been a month since the accident and her mother suffered from great changes. She literally, fought a hard fight to stay alive but she made it. Along with the baby, they both were better.

Denise did suffer though. She was paralyzed from the waist below, temporarily. She fought everyday to gain some type of feeling in her legs. She wanted to get back to work, she wanted to cook and be there for her family.

Although, she was going through this. She wasn't depressed and she kept a strong face for Kataleya who refused to leave her side. She held onto her faith and kept her spirits up because she believed that one day, she was going to walk again.

"Kataleya, why are you staring at me?" Denise asked looking at Kataleya who was standing there staring at her mother. She was very concerned, she didn't want to leave her alone.

"I'm making sure your ok. Is anything hurting? Are your legs ok? Do I need to change the position?" Kataleya asked looking at her.

"I'm fine. I can't feel anything, I'm fine.." She said. She knew Kataleya didn't understand her pain. Even though, Kataleya knew what being paralyzed meant she just didn't understand what it was about.

"What are you going to do today?" Denise asked eyeing her daughter. "And don't say anything about staying here with me because you need to get out. I'm fine here alone.."

"I want to stay here." Kataleya replied sitting down on the couch. She tucked her legs and unlocked her phone. "There's nothing to do anyway.."

"Go hangout with Dejhari or Treasure.." She said.

"Mm.." Kataleya scoffed.

"You still refuse to talk to him?" She asked, Kat stayed quiet causing Denise to shake her head. "You are so stubborn and difficult Kataleya!"

"What do I need to talk to him for? He's been busy with his own stuff.." Kataleya replied bitterly. She once called him the day she found out her mother was paralyzed and a girl answered the phone saying that he was too busy for her.

"Did you ever ask him about the girl?" Denise asked in suspense. She wanted Dejhari and Kataleya together, badly.

"No. He never returned my call Ma.."

"I don't know why you two can't just get it together and actually be there for each other. Y'all clearly have deep feelings for each other but yall just can't get it together. Why is that?" Denise preached.

"Ma.." Kataleya said.

"No. Let me finish," Denise started off. "Y'all have a good thing! A good rare thing at that! Why put that at risk because of fear?! Whatever your afraid of shouldn't mean anything to you when you have what you and Dejhari have! He hasn't hurt you and only looks out for your best interest, y'know that right?"

By this time, Kataleya was in tears and was close to a anxiety attack. She felt like her chest was tightening, her heart really longed just to be in Dejhari's hands but Kataleya was restricted. She had her heart all locked up in a box away from Dejhari.