❌ Scars

Summary: Jay and Dick both have their fair share of scars. [1,111 words]

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the JayDick Oneshots masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 29 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

[...] "You're so gorgeous, baby," Jason whispered against his lips.

His finger caught on a thick scar from an old stab wound and Dick made a face. "I'm a mess."

"What? No." Jason pulled back slightly. "Why do you say that?"

"I've been a human pincushion for almost twenty years, it's not very sexy."

"Oh honey, you think I'm sexy with my scars, why can't you be sexy with yours?" Jason kissed along his jaw.

"It's different."

"I don't think so, sweetheart."

Dick made a small frustrated noise. "It fits you, you're all handsome and rugged, but I'm supposed to be pretty."

"You are pretty." Jason cupped his face, looking into his eyes. "Baby, you're the prettiest person I know and I'm not the only one who thinks that. Literally everyone thinks you're sexy, you have nothing to worry about."

"But most of them haven't seen my body without clothes, they're just operating on what they think it looks like, they don't know how torn up it is."

"Well I have," Jason said, stroking over a long, pale scar that stretched diagonally across Dick's chest, "and I think you look perfect."

"You have to say that, you're stuck with me."

Jason laughed. "Dickie, Dickie, please, I'm not just saying that, you're so unbelievably fucking gorgeous I can't believe you ever gave me a second glance sometimes."

"Hey, don't sell yourself short."

"Says you. Look, I get it, I wish I could get rid of some of my scars too." His hand unconsciously moved up toward his cheek and he forced it back down.

Dick's face softened and his hand came up to Jason's cheek, fingers stroking gently over the raised lines of the J scarred into it. "I know; I know you do. I'm sorry." He let his hand trail down and settle on the side of Jason's neck, and leaned up to press a kiss to the scar.

Jason closed his eyes briefly at the kiss. "It's okay, just my point is we can't get rid of them, we just have to learn to deal with them. I love you with all your scars and you're always gonna be beautiful, even when you come home with new ones."

"I love you," Dick said quietly, staring up at him.

[...]