❌ Lipstick Kisses

Summary: Dick finds some lipstick while cleaning out the bathroom cabinets. It turns out to be sexier than expected. [2,549 words]

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the JayDick Oneshots masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 29 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

"What's all this?" Jason said, surveying the mess on the bathroom floor.

"I was trying to organize," Dick said, from where he was kneeling in front of the open cupboard under the sink. "But I just keep finding more shit, and I've no idea how half of it even got in here. Why do we even have lipstick?" He said, exasperatedly holding up, not one, not even two, but three tubes of lipstick.

Jason shrugged and held his hand out for them. "I don't know any more than you do." He looked at the bottoms of the tubes. "But if either of us ever need 'Midnight Sky', 'Petal Pink', or 'Bloody Mary', we're covered."

"'Bloody Mary' sounds like something you would wear just for the drama."

Jason uncapped it and leaned over, leaning on the fist clenched around the two lipsticks and the cap planted on the side of the sink so he could peek into the corner of the mirror and apply the lipstick.

"Hmm, well I think it's my color," he said, tilting his face and admiring it for a second, before pushing back to stand up straight and putting the cap back on the lipstick. The lipstick was a deep, dark red, like blood from a gut wound, and it made his blue-green eyes stand out arrestingly.

Dick looked up from where he had been consolidating the two boxes of q-tips which were mysteriously both open. He stared.

"Come down here."

Jason crouched and swept a few things to the side so he could put his knees down, and Dick immediately pulled him forward with a hand on the back of his head, tilting his own head to the side and capturing Jason's lips in a deep kiss.

"That's much sexier on you than I anticipated," he finally said, when he pulled back with a few last short kisses.

"Thanks baby. Pretty sure you just messed it up, though."

Dick smirked. "You wanna mess it up some more?"

"Oh fuck yes."

[...]