❌ Coconut Bliss

Summary: When Dick can't get his mind off a case, Jay decides he needs a nice massage to take his mind off of things. Perhaps with a little added flavor. [3,803 words]

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the JayDick Oneshots masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 29 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

Jason was rather studiously distracting Dick from his work on his case by flicking little balled up scraps of paper across the Cave at him while ignoring his own work, tipped back in his chair, when Tim broke the relative silence. It was just the three of them in there working on their separate cases — or, well, 'working' in Jason's case. 

"Hey Jason, do you know anything about football? Kon keeps trying to talk to me about his team and I don't know what the fuck he's talking about."

Jason looked over at him and raised an eyebrow. "No and I'm offended you even think I would. I'm way too gay for that shit."

Tim snorted. "You're bi."

"Exactly. Way too gay. Which I'm guessing is your problem, gaylord."

"Hey! You can't call me gaylord. Which one of us has a boyfriend, gaylord?"

"I do!" Dick offered.

Jason laughed and pushed his rolling chair across the floor for a high five and then linked their hands and leaned his head on Dick's shoulder.

"Football," he scoffed. "I cannot believe. I did theatre, do I look like I know what a tou— a touchd—" he pretended to gag like he was about to vomit. "I can't even say it. Disgusting. I don't know what the fuck that is."

Tim sighed. "Dick? You wouldn't happen to know anything about football, would you?"

"Tim," he said seriously. "I'm too pretty to know about any of that."

Jason snorted and buried his face in Dick's shoulder to muffle his laughter.

"I hate you both," Tim said.

Dick blew him a kiss. "Love you, Timmy."

Jason kissed his neck. "Can we go home, baby? Are you done with your case for the day?"

Dick looked back at the computer and gave a long sigh. "I guess I have kind of hit a dead end."

Jason tugged on his arm. "Let's go home."

Dick looked back at him and then back at the computer. "...Fine."

"Yesss," Jason cheered.

Dick couldn't help the small smile that made its way onto his face. He gave Jason a quick kiss and then started to close down his work on the computer. "Alright, let's go."

By the time they made it back to their apartment, Dick's mind was still clearly on his case and he was looking a bit tense.

Jason ran his hands over Dick's shoulders as he followed him into the bedroom. "Your mind's still on that case, isn't it, baby."

Dick sighed and leaned back against him, his shoulders slumping. "Yeah. I'm just...missing something, I know it, and it's bugging me."

Jason pressed a kiss to the side of his head and dug his thumbs into Dick's shoulders, starting to massage them. "I think you need to get it off your mind for a little bit and come back to it with fresh eyes."

"Maybe," Dick muttered reluctantly, before groaning at Jason's ministrations and starting to slowly roll his neck.

"Come on, let me help you get it off your mind, you deserve to relax a little. You want me to give you a massage, baby? A proper one?"

Dick let out another groan. "Mm yes please."

Jason ducked his head to kiss the side of Dick's neck, just at the edge of his hairline, and ran his hands over his shoulders and down his arms. "Take your clothes off for me, sweetheart; I'll get the bed ready for you." He gently pushed Dick forward so he was no longer leaning back against him, and Dick reluctantly moved into action.

[...]