💚 Flirt

Summary: Dick is flirting outrageously, Jay is refusing to believe it's intentional, and Tim…well, Tim is alternately laughing and two seconds away from physically shaking Jay by the shoulders in frustration.

Oh yes, and Dick and Jay also accidentally get stuck pantomiming marital bliss at a resort for a case. [21,117 words]

...........................................................

Dick and Jason walked into the lobby of Crystal Falls Resort with their bags, and Dick immediately pointed at the wall covered in living plants, having no problem loudly drawing attention to himself.

"Aw, look at that, Jakey, they have one of those living walls with all the flowers! I always wanted one of those if I was rich."

Jason closed his eyes briefly to keep himself from rolling them. This was going to be a very long assignment, no matter how short it might technically end up being. Why had he agreed to tag along in place of Tim? 

Tim had pleaded with him, saying that if he was taking a vacation from work for this thing, then he wanted to at least rest and work from home, and that there was plenty that needed to be done from a computer, and the case could use a third set of hands. Jason shouldn't have listened, though — he should've just told him tough luck, or bully someone else into it.

But here he was, in all his weak-spined glory.

They were here to investigate a series of missing persons cases that were likely human trafficking — they knew trafficking was going on, in any case, it was just a little difficult to be certain if every missing person was connected. And the traffickers seemed to be using this resort as a hub (well, technically it was a resort, but not an exclusive place, or anything one would have to be particularly wealthy to stay at, really it seemed to be a nice place for middle class people). The question that Dick and Jason needed to investigate was if any of the people working at, or even running the resort were connected to the trafficking, if they knew and were helping.

So they were here to stay for an indeterminate period of time, hopefully no longer than a week, under the guise of Dennis and Jacob Thompson — two brothers just having a vacation at the coast. Brotherly bonding or whatever; Dick insisted normal people did that.

Jason ignored Dick's obnoxious antics and just headed straight to the desk to check in. He paused in front of it, since there were three attendants and he wasn't sure if it mattered which one of them checked him in, but the one on the far left closest to them smiled and waved them over.

"Checking in? I can help you over here."

The process apparently took too long for Dick, though, as he flipped through all the brochures on the counter, took a mint from the dish, and then threw his arm around Jason's shoulders with a huff, leaning his head against him. "I'm exhausted, I'm gonna crash as soon as we get to our room. You should too, we've been on the road all day."

Jason pursed his lips. Part of it was that Dick was being annoying, but the other part was that when Dick got annoying like this, he got...affectionate. And that...was a little tough for Jason to handle because he wasn't allowed to like it, he wasn't supposed to like it, not the way he did. Dick wasn't his and was always going to be off limits for so many reasons, but it hurt a little to force himself into remembering that and acting like it. 

"I'm not a jungle gym, Dennis," he finally bit back.

Dick's face spread into a mischievous grin as he looked up at him, still unrepentantly using his shoulder as a pillow. "Well sure ya are," he said. "My li'l Jacob's ladder."