❌ Singing His Praises

Summary: Dick just wants to let his boyfriend know what a good boy he's been lately. [3,943 words]

CW: praise kink

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the JayDick Oneshots masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 29 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

Dick walked into the apartment after a long day of obnoxious little errands to find it smelling pleasantly of lavender. The carpet looked freshly hoovered, all the accumulated clutter (admittedly entirely from Dick) on the coffee and dining tables was gone, and he could hear Jason in the kitchen washing dishes.

Well. This was a nice surprise.

He took off his shoes by the door and padded over to peek into the bedroom. The hamper was empty and there were fresh sheets on the bed, and christ, the bed was even actually made properly.

Dick finally went into the kitchen and slid his arms around his boyfriend's waist from behind, resting his cheek on his shoulder. "You've been busy." Hell, there were an assortment of pots and pans in the dish drainer too — Jason hadn't just been cleaning, he'd been cooking too. What the hell had Dick done to deserve him?

Jason didn't jump, but Dick felt him tense and then slowly relax. "When did you get home?"

"Just a minute ago. Did you clean the whole apartment?"

Jason made a noncommittal noise. "I was restless and it needed it."

"Thank you, you're the best."

He saw Jason give a little pleased smile as he rinsed out a bowl and set it in the over-crowded dish drainer.

Good.

Dick could do better than that, though — Jason deserved a reward for all his hard work, didn't he?

Dick tilted his head up to speak in Jason's ear, taking one hand away from his waist to stroke over his hair and slowly run through the back of it. "Good boy."

Jason froze, clenching the spoon in his hand in a death grip and letting out a little noise.

Dick continued stroking through his hair. "You've been such a good boy today, haven't you, Little Wing?" He murmured.

[...]