Chapter 18: The Shadow

The two teams were standing in the little hallway towards the field

The two teams were standing in the little hallway towards the field. Both were standing neatly in a row and before they knew it all of them walked on the field. Everyone shook the hand of the players of the opposite team, but Jude also whispered something in Mark's ear.

Mark walked up to his team and said that there was a change in the positions. Of course, some teammates of him looked at him confused, but there was no time left to ask any questions. So they just did what they were told to do. 

The whistle was heard, yet at that moment some large iron beams fell from the ceiling just above the Raimon team. Everyone was just shocked about what just happened. Luckily no one was hurt by it, because of the position change they just had. 

"Mark, where are you going?" Lily asked him. But he just ignored her and ran off the field. So she followed him even though she didn't know where he was heading to. 

They walked into a big room with at the end a desk and a large screen. At the desk was a tall man sitting. Of course, Lily knew that it was Ray Dark. Mia had told has told about him and that he always has this weird aura surrounding him. 

I saw Jude and two of his teammates saying something of not following the command of their commander anymore and that he was behind the beams that felt on the field

I saw Jude and two of his teammates saying something of not following the command of their commander anymore and that he was behind the beams that felt on the field. But to be completely honest I wasn't really paying attention to their conversation. I was looking around the room when I saw something that looked so familiar, but I couldn't place it. 

It was this photo hanging on the wall. It was from the whole Royal team as well as the managers and their coach. But it wasn't about the people that you could clearly see. It was about the shadow on the picture. Probably from the person that took the took the photograph. I had the feeling that I saw the same shadow before, but where?

Right at that moment, I heard the detective say something that he has to come with him and that someone had confessed that they had unscrewed the bolts for him. So Ray Dark left with him. Jude and the others apologized to us about what just happened and that they withdraw from the match. Of course, Mark said that they just should continue and that they shouldn't be sorry for the deeds of their commander. 

"So we just continue the match. Right, Lily?" He asked me, but I wasn't really paying attention to him. I was still thinking about that shadow. 

"Hmm? Ow yeah, sure." 

But he just raised a brow and looked confused at me. He surely wasn't satisfied with the answer that I just gave. 

"Something wrong?" 

"Who took that picture?" I asked Jude while pointing towards it.

"Uhm, I think it was Vincent. He is in the journalism club, but it's an old one so I'm not completely sure. Why?"

"That shadow looks so familiar. But I don't know from where..." 

I tilted my head a bit and then it hit me. It was on one of the pictures that we got from that stalker. 

"...I have to go." I said to them.

I turned around and walked fastly out of there. I had to find Mia and tell her what I had discovered, but where was she. Luckily now that I had an idea about who was behind it there was a possibility that we could go to the police. 

I saw Mia talking to a few of her teammates. 

"Hey Mia, can I borrow you for a minute?" I asked her. 

"Sure. What is it." 

I told her everything about what I just saw and I asked her what we should do.

"I can text Scarlette. She has the pictures at home. She can go to the police station with it." 

"But not now right? Cause we have to go there too then because we're also on the pictures and I can't do that now." 

"True." 

And right at that moment, Mia got a text she looked at it and showed me. It was from Chloe, she wrote something about the police and that they asked them to go with them. 

I looked shocked at her not knowing what was happening. 

"It probably has to do with something else." Mia assured me, but I still wasn't sure of that. 

But there was no more time to think about that cause the match would start any time now. Mia and I walked back to the little hallway where the rest of the team already was. She waited for when everyone was on the field and then she would go to the bench where she was supposed to be at.

"There you are. What was so important that you had to go away so fast?" Mark asked me.

"Ow, I just remembered something that I had to tell Mia." 

"Must off been really important then." 

"It certainly was." I murmured a bit. 

We were ready to go on the field and actually play the match. Fair this time, but just when we were about to go there was a small announcement. 

"Sorry for the wait, ladies and gentlemen, but it will be a few more minutes before the match can start. Our apologies in advance." A man said trough the speaker. 

We just looked at each other confused when a man walked to us. It was the same man who told the inspector before that somebody had confessed. 

"Mia Williams and Lily Roberts, you have to come with me." 

We walked to him and followed him to wherever he was taking us to. We gave each other some concerned glances, but deep inside we knew that it was about the pictures or at least we thought. There couldn't any other reason why he would want to speak to us, right? 

 There couldn't any other reason why he would want to speak to us, right?