Chapter 78: The End of the FFI

The day had finally arrived, it was the final match between Little Gigantes and Inazuma Japan

The day had finally arrived, it was the final match between Little Gigantes and Inazuma Japan. Neither to say that the players, as well as the coaches and managers, were quite excited. The only difference is that the coaches can hide just a bit better. Everyone got up out of bed early that morning to practice just a bit more before going to the stadium. 

When they arrived at the stadium they instantly got ready on the pitch and not long after the match started. It didn't take long before the Little Gigantes scored the first goal and doing so boosted their motivation even more. On the other side, Mark was still struggling to complete God Catch as it was never fully completed. Coach Travis noticed that Little Gigantes was therefore putting their attention more on their attacks, thus when Austin came on the field to replace Kevin, who injured himself while protecting the goal, he had a message from him. They were all put on defence to help Mark.  

~So it was a bad idea, after all, to practice that other hissatsu shot instead of just training our normal ones. Now we have two unfinished ones, and we do need God Catch if we also want to attack.~  Lily thought to herself as she looked at how everyone was defending now. 

Suddenly the coach called Mark's name and when he got his attention, he put his hand on his other arm, right where the captain's band would be. Mark thought about it and then it finally clicked for him. But other than that he hadn't much more time to think as Little Gigantes were about to shoot again. 

"God Catch!" Mark exclaimed once more and this time it finally worked. "I did it, God Catch is completed!" Everybody cheered as they felt a bit of relief. "We saved this together and now it's time to attack them together." 

"So let's take that ball we saved..." Jude replied.

"And let's put it in the goal on the other side." Nathan finished. 

Before the first half had ended they managed to tie the score at 1-1, but after the break, they were surprised. Hector was now a striker instead of a goalkeeper, meaning that they should try to avoid letting Hector get the ball since his shoots are so powerful. Even though Inazuma Japan had, once again, a hard time trying to score they did manage to upgrade some of their moves, but the same was for Little Gigantes. After some time Hector had to go back in position as a goalkeeper as the other one was injured. The score was still tied with now 2-2 and Inazuma Japan was forced back to defend once again. After that, it stayed the same and extra time was needed to decide the victor. 

"Lily, when we get the change let's try the hissatsu again that we've been working on." Axel suddenly said to her. 

"Is that a good idea? The hissatsu's that we do have completed aren't even strong enough to make a goal, what if we aren't able to complete it at all. Then the opportunity would be all in vain." She replied.

"Don't worry about it, the coach said that we should have fun, right? What's more fun than trying a new hissatsu with your friends." Mark said with his signature smile.

"Hm, alright then let's give it another go." 

So that was the next plan of Inazuma Japan, they tried about two times, but when it reached Hector the power would disappear and he would be able to stop it. Luckily the four players had their teammates to help them out a lot and motivated them to try a third time. And just like that, they could finally complete the hissatsu as a great and big aura surrounded the ball as it was surrounded by a bust of wind, fire, earth and water. Hector tried to stop it, but it was in vain as it went into the goal, making the score 3-2 for Inazuma Japan. 

After that, it was just silent. It was like everyone in the stadium was progressing what had happened and when the players looked at the scoreboard it finally became clear that with that last score Inazuma Japan had won the game and therefore the FFI tournament. 

"Yeah, we did it!" Mark happily exclaimed as the other members of the team, who were sitting on the bench, came onto the field as well to get into a celebrating hug. After that, they went to the coach to hear what he had to say to them. 

"In my opinion, you still lack many things, you still need work, but at this very moment, you're the best soccer team around. Good job, guys."

"Thank you very much, coach." They all replied. 

"I can't believe that we won against the world," Lily said to Hurley as he was standing beside her.

"It feels amazing, I never thought that I could feel this kind of adrenaline without being on my surfboard."

"But...what do we do now?"

"...Let's not worry about that now, Lily. Let's enjoy this well-deserved victory first." 

"Right, sorry. Got a bit ahead of myself." She said with a small smile on her face.

"That new hissatsu shoot looked really good, I'm glad you guys could finish it in the end," David said to the four players.

"Thanks, but we couldn't have done it without the help of all of you," Mark replied with his signature smile.

"So what is it called?" Austin asked, but neither of them had an idea as they hadn't thought about it yet.

"We don't have one," Jude replied and then everyone looked at Willy.

"I thought you never ask." He said as he adjusted his glasses. "It was clear that the four main elements were present in the shoot, so why not call it 'Surge of Elements'."

"I like that," Lily said to him. 

"Of course you do, I'm quite good at naming hissatsu's. It's my job on this team after all." 

"That's true."