Chapter 73: The Kingdom

It was the game against Brazil

It was the game against Brazil. The team had gotten a call from the hospital earlier that morning saying that mister Hillman will be operated on since all of his results were looking good. 

At the stadium, everyone was warming up and it was clear that Zoolan wasn't present. This made relieved all the players, knowing that The Kingdom will get to play freely. Though it was soon interrupted by a force of wind and it felt like the stadium was shaking. Suddenly a ain't airship appeared above the stadium and a small compartment of it was coming down. The doors opened only to reveal Zoolan and his assistant. 

"Why is he here?!" Thor asked angrily.

"I see." The coach said as he was on the phone with someone. "According to the police, they never received evidence of any sort." He said as he hung up the phone. 

"Never received it?" Hurley asked confused.

"He's even managed to pull strings with the police?" Jude asked.

"How would he be able to do that?" Austin asked.

"Knowing him, he just treated one of the police officers," Lily replied.

"What do we do now? With Zoolan here, that means we can't win without bringing harm to the player of The Kingdom and their families." Thor said as he was sitting on the ground.

"I can't do that..." Jack replied.

"We're gonna win this match!" Mark then suddenly said which shocked everyone.

"Really? I mean, I would want to as well, but in this kind of situation it's kind of hard to do so." Lily softly said to him.

"Yeah, if we win, their families will lose their freedom." Darren protested. 

"I know. But we have to win...And stop Zoolan from getting his way! This is a fight between us and Zoolan. Between us and a coward who uses soccer as nothing but a tool for war!" 

"Mark is right! We can't let someone get what he wants!" Axel encouraged. 

"Guys! Let's win this match, no matter what!" Jude then said.

"Yeah!" 

The first half of the match had just ended and The Kingdom had scored one goal, taking the lead

The first half of the match had just ended and The Kingdom had scored one goal, taking the lead. Thor went up to Robingo to talk to him, but Mark came to get him.

"We're playing soccer right now. Neither team can afford to lose." Xavier said to him.

"It's easier said than done knowing their situation, however," Jude replied. 

"Than are we going to lose?" 

"No. It's just that it hurts." 

"Yeah, it hurts for me too." 

"Robingo's pushing himself. His entire team is trying to work with him like that." Mark said. "I can see that clearly from the goal." 

"It's gotta be Zoolan. Zoolan is causing Robingo and the others to suffer." Thor replied.

"But what is there we can do?" Jude asked him. "Zoolan is right in front of us. He's here to laugh at our lack of power, as well as Robingo." 

"Is there really nothing we can do?" Mark asked, more to himself. "Do we have to play the match feeling like this?" 

"I heard them talk about some sort of program, maybe it is the reason why Robingo is playing like this." Lily then said as she could recall a bit from the conversation the Brazilian players had with their captain in the first half. 

"A program?"

"Yeah, and something about he can't control it yet. But it's just what I heard, I'm not sure what they all mean by it." 

Suddenly they saw a bunch of policemen as well as detective Smith. There were also medical examinations who were checking Robingo. The detective explained that the whistle activates a so-called RH program. Though Zoolan preferred to call it a human enchantment program, which pushes the limits of soccer players. As Zoolan was arrested, the real coach of The Kingdom showed up. Apparently, he was confined by Zoolan so that he could be the coach. 

~What a sick man to do stuff like that to those players and their families.~ Lily thought to herself.

After the encounter, The Kingdom could play freely again, which they had to get used to at the beginning of the second half, and the match continued. Eventually, the match ended with Inazuma Japan winning 4-3 as Lily could score as well as Kevin who managed to score a goal with the help of Xavier and Axel and Xavier and Shawn as they created a new hissatsu.

 ~I can't believe that we are going to the finals!~ Lily thought as she got excited about the idea. 

"The operation was a success," Silvia said as she just had gotten a call from the hospital. 

"Really?! Alright!" Mark happily exclaimed. 

"But...Since he was under for a pretty long time, it's taken a lot out of him. The doctor said he can't be sure until mister Hillman has woken up." She further said, which made everyone go back to their normal state. 

"Don't worry, guys. Mister Hillman is a strong man, so when he wakes up you will see that everything is fine with him." Lily said as she tried to lighten the mood again.

"Lily is right. Just keep on being optimistic about the situation." Camelia then said. 

"Yeah, you two are right, so let's keep it up, guys!" Mark shouted.

"Yeah!"