Chapter 75: The Worst Plan

The Inazuma caravan arrived at Cotarl's area and they only saw the destruction

The Inazuma caravan arrived at Cotarl's area and they only saw the destruction. Hector, the captain of Little Gigantes, explained the situation to them a bit more before they were interrupted. It didn't take long to figure out that this was all Zoolan's doing and that his personal team was behind the damage in the area. Zoolan explained to him that he wants to destroy David Evans before he leaves the island, so not only were the players of Inazuma Japan confused about why Zoolan was still there but now they heard that David Evans was alive all those years. 

"Today is the day I send you to oblivion...along with your soccer!" Zoolan said to David. 

"We accept your challenge!" Mark angrily said, which was understandable in such a situation. 

So after all that, they were getting ready for a match between Inazuma Japan against Team Zoolan. Hector, however, couldn't play since he was injured when he was helping a kid escape from the distractable site. 

~Alright, Lily, remember the plan that Asterin told you about.~ Lily thought to herself. As David told them the line-up for the match. Lily wasn't placed on the field in the first half, which luckily was part of the plan. That way she could better analyse things and she can better assess the situation later on. 

"You'll be on the field in the second half, but I think you already know why." He said to her, which first off shocked her a bit, but then she remembered that he was someone who knew Zoolan for a long time and thus may also know about Asterin. 

The first half had begun and Inazuma Japan had a hard time trying to score a goal, that's when Jude figured out that they all have had the RH program too. That's why they had no trouble scoring their first goal. 

Lily, on the other hand, wasn't paying much attention to the match after that. She was in the search for Asterin as she already should be there. ~If she doesn't appear here before the second half our plan will go to waste and that won't receive a good outcome.~ She was thinking when suddenly a light she saw from the corner of her eye caught her attention. ~What do we get now?~ She stood up and walked towards it, nobody stopped her as they didn't notice it. 

The light was coming from the middle of the area which was now surrounded by the ruins of the houses that once were standing there. Though when she looked closer, she saw that the mysterious light that caught her eye was none other than some broken glass glittering in the sunlight. Lily sighed as she was about to turn back to the match when suddenly a hand grabbed her wrist. When she turned around she saw Asterin. 

"There is a change in the plan." She said to Lily. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I am not going to play in the second half. I don't know why though, but I had to let you know. I will still give you the stuff you need, okay? That's the only thing that will change, so keep your guard up in the match." 

"O-Okay." She said as she then walked back to the others. When she arrived she saw that the first half had just ended and Inazuma Japan was two points behind.