Chapter 79: A Promise

Lily was walking on the school grounds, it has been a month since Inazuma Japan won the FFI and today was her graduation day together with some of the other members of the team

Lily was walking on the school grounds, it has been a month since Inazuma Japan won the FFI and today was her graduation day together with some of the other members of the team. Right now she was alone on the school ground minding her own business when suddenly a female voice called out for her. 

"Lily, here you are. Congratulations on graduating." Celia said to her.

"Oh thanks, you too on becoming the head manager for the soccer club." 

"Thanks, I was actually wondering if I can film you." She said and only then did Lily notice the camera that Celia was holding. "I'm making a video with all the members of the team. I figured that it will be fun to watch later on." 

"Sure, it sounds like a fun idea. Though I'm not sure what to say." 

"Well, uhm, let's start on your thoughts about the graduation match." 

"I'm really looking forward to playing soccer with everyone again, but at the same time, I'm like, oh gosh, it's getting so close to the end of us all being together like this."

"I have to agree that it's kinda sad when you think about it like that."

"Indeed, but when you look back at all the things and good memories we made, I'm pretty sure we'll make even more in the future. That's the thing about a real friendship, isn't it? But enough of this gloominess, let's look at the bright side of it all."  

"You're right! Oh, do you also know where the others are? I want to film everyone." 

"I just spoke to Jack, Tod and Jim before they went to the clubroom, I believe." 

"Thanks, I'll see you later." 

"Of course." And just like that Celia ran up to the clubroom and Lily was alone once again. Only this time for a much smaller amount of time, since it didn't take long before Mark, Axel and Jude had caught up with her. 

"Lily, why are you here all alone on our graduation day?" Mark asked her as he started walking beside her. 

"Well, I was actually talking to Celia, but she just left. So considering that it's just a coincidence that you see me now alone." 

"Oh, I see." 

"I saw her talking to Willy, Steve and Max as well as filming them. Do you know why she is doing that?" Axel asked.

"Yeah, she is filming every member of the soccer club, since it will be fun to watch in the future. It surprises me that she didn't begin with you three, but then again maybe she didn't find you." 

"Cool, then we have something to remember this day by and the upcoming match!" Mark excitedly said.

"Like you can ever forget a match, especially this one," Jude replied.

"Hm, I guess that's true." 

"So do you guys already know what you're going to do after this?" 

"You mean after the match?"

"No, I mean after this, like in general." 

"Oh, I'm still not sure." 

"Me neither, even though my father is happy with me playing soccer now, I think a small part of him would like it if I would go more towards the medical field," Axel replied.

"I am going home...well, my other home," Lily answered.

"So you're not staying here?" Mark asked her.

"I want to, but I can't. I still have to go to school there." She replied a bit disappointed.

"What? You go to school there as well, how?" 

"Well, at that school you have the possibility to choose between day and night classes. So I choose night classes. And besides that, instead of five days a week it's only four nights, which includes the weekend here, but because of that the education also takes a bit more time. So it's pretty easy to do both." 

"Wow, I didn't know you did that too. You sure have a busy life." 

"It's not that bad. Anyway, what about you, Jude? What are you going to do?" 

"I'm just going further with my studies. My father expects me to take over the family business one day, so I probably will spend more time there as well." He replied.

"Well, whatever the future holds for us, let's promise to play soccer...preferably together though," Mark said with his signature smile on his face.

"You act like we don't have a match later today," Axel said jokingly.

"Well, let's go then before we miss our own graduation ceremony," Lily said as they entered the building. 

The ceremony and the friendly match had already ended

The ceremony and the friendly match had already ended. There wasn't a winning team as they both were equally strong end it ended with a score of 0-0. So now Mark, Lily, Axel and Jude were at the steel tower looking at the sunset.

~This was quite a beautiful match to have on our graduation. I wonder what the future will hold for all of us. Hopefully, we can have a match like this again in the near future when everyone has become even stronger.~ Lily thought to herself.

"So this is it? Now everyone goes their own path." Mark said with a rather sad tone.

"Yes, but it's not like we're on the other side of the world, Mark. We can still play soccer from time to time." Axel replied.

"Really?!" 

"Of course, it's not like we stop having contact with each other now that we're not in the same school." 

"Alright, then let's promise that someday we'll be on the same soccer team once again and play the world once again!" 

"Sure," Lily said happily. "It's a promise." 

A/N: I can't believe that this story is now finished

A/N: I can't believe that this story is now finished. The series will now make it in the Ares/Orion timeline. To be honest, I'm not sure when the first chapter of that book will be released, but in the meantime, I'm also working on some small extra stories. 

Lily didn't have a romance in the end, but in one of those stories, she will have one! At first, I was planning for her to have one, but in the end, I didn't really like it enough to keep it in this story. 

Thank you for reading this story fully 'till the end! I really appreciate it.