Chapter 77: Trying Something New

Everyone was training for the finals tomorrow and they were all more motivated than ever

Everyone was training for the finals tomorrow and they were all more motivated than ever. Lily was trying to figure out a new hissatsu and Austin and Darren were helping her to come up with ideas. 

"Maybe you should try to score from a different angle," Austin suggested to Lily as she handed had any luck so far with forming a new hissatsu. 

"Do you think that will create a hissatsu?" Lily asked, they had already practised the whole morning and at the moment it was already the afternoon, so Lily was slowly giving it up on the idea of creating a hissatsu by just trying things on the field.

"We can always try." Lily did as told, but Darren didn't even need to stop the ball as it only hit the goalpost to then fly all the way to the other side of the field. 

"Great, it's only getting worse by the minute," Lily mumbled.

"Hey, Mark could you throw the ball back?" Darren asked him as it was lying close to him. 

"Sure thing!" He replied, but as he shot the ball it went more to Jude than Lily, so he stamped it further only for Axel to receive it. He immediately stamped it over to Lily and as she finally got the ball she tried to create a goal. Before the ball made it in it had a certain and almost electrifying aura around it. 

~Did something happen there or was it just my imagination?~ Lily asked herself. 

"See, Lily, I think you figured out a way to make a new hissatsu," Austin said to her. 

"...Um, I don't think that was really me who did that, actually. I think it happened because of the others." 

"Well, either way, you guys should try to figure it out, cause it looked really promising." 

"You think?" Lily mumbled.

"Well, we have the whole day and I'm really curious about this, so let's do it!" Mark said with enthusiasm. 

"Mark, are you sure that that is a good idea?" Jude asked him.

"Why not? We can always use another hissatsu." 

"But you have to focus on God Catch." 

"Don't worry about it, maybe I will get some inspiration from working on this hissatsu to complete the other." 

"If you say so." 

"Alright then, let's do it." Axel then said. 

"So where do we begin?" Lily asked. 

"Let's do a little match with the others, we'll be on the same team and try to do the same thing as we did now. Maybe something will come off of it." Jude suggested. 

"Sounds good," Axel replied. 

So that is what they. Mark, Lily, Axel and Jude were on one of the teams together with Hurley, Archer, David and Nathan. Darren, Austin, Kevin, Shawn, Scotty, Jack, David, Xavier and Caleb were in the opposite team with one player extra. They were all giving their all, but even though it was soon already late in the afternoon and the hissatsu still wasn't completed. 

"What do we do now? At this rate, it's never completed before tomorrow." Lily said as they all took a break by the bench. 

"Let's keep our hopes up! I'm sure will figure it out." 

"Did you notice anything, Jude? You're normally one to notice the little things." Axel asked him.

"Only a few small changes when we shoot the ball, but nothing like we managed to do before." 

"I don't get it, how did we manage to do it before, but can't do it now?" Mark asked.

"Maybe it was because we didn't think about it, we didn't force anything," Lily replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, maybe we don't have to think about it all that much. We didn't do that either when we created that aura." 

"Well, that could be it, but I'm not sure how we can complete then," Jude said as he was thinking out loud.

"I'm not sure either..." 

"Let's just not think about it and continue this match until dinner. We'll focus on other hissatsu's and maybe, just maybe, it will form from itself." Mark said to them.

"Oh well, it doesn't hurt to try." Axel then said.

The little match continued soon after and Mark tried to focus on his God Catch once again while the others tried to focus on their own hissatsu. Dinner time was almost there, but just before they ended the match a familiar began to glow around the ball when the same four players shot it once again. 

"Did you see that? The ball got that aura again." Lily said to Axel. 

"Looks like we made a start by creating this new hissatsu." 

"I'm glad that we finally figured it out." 

"See, I told you that we could do it." Mark suddenly said. "Now, let's have dinner. I'm hungry." 

While dining, the coach gave the order to take or rest and not train any further for tomorrow. At first, Mark complained a bit about it since he didn't want to sit still, but Jude convinced him that it will be better for him and that he will have even more energy for the finals. So since they weren't allowed to train they decided to play some games before going to bed. 

Lily was sitting with Hurley, Thor and Scotty. They were playing the card game Hearts, Though it appeared that Scotty didn't know the rules very well for this game.

"But, I got the most points, so I win." Scotty said determinedly.

"That's not how you play this, the winner is the one with the lowest points," Lily explained to him. 

"Why? That doesn't make any sense." 

"We don't make the rules, buddy," Hurley replied.

"So, I've been playing it wrong this whole time and none of you said anything." 

"We just wanted to see if you could figure it out on your own. Besides we like to win too." Thor said with a smile on his face. 

"Well, now that you finally know how to win, let's play it again, shall we. Oh, and don't hide don't try and look at others' cards again, Scotty. Like I didn't notice you doing so." Lily said to him as she was handing out the cards.

"What, you were also cheating?!" Hurley asked him in shock.

"And you still lost, that's kinda funny," Thor added.

"Oh, shut up, I only lost because I've never played this before." 

"Hahaha, sure little man," Hurley said to Scotty as he ruffled his hair.