Where We Left Of

7 years have passed since Skylar and Bellatrix were finally defeated. The Wizarding World was at peace. The wizard community was living like that war had never even happened.
It was a sunday evening in november. It was cold and foggy night outside. Inside the Manor was everything quiet. Two people layed on the couch under warm blankets looking at the fire in the fire place. The woman with long brown and curly hair had her head on her husband's chest. He had his head on hers. They layed like that for what seemed like hours.
"It is nice when it's that quiet", the blonde man said to his wife.
"I miss them Draco. It is sometimes too quiet", she answered her husband.
"Well honey, we could always make another one."
"Draco, I love you, but I'm not the baby machine. We have 6 already and a gradchild. I was just saying how lonely I feel when there is no one except us in this big house."
"Dear, you will never be lonely, you know that, right? I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere."
"I know that Draco. I love you with all my heart." She turned her head and gave him a passionate kiss on the lips.
"Mhm, I love it when you taste like hot chocolate."
"And I love you", she told him and kissed him again.
"Well, we could go visit little Lia tomorrow. What do you say Hermione?"
"I would really love that. Lyria told me she had something important to tell me anyways."
"Is it something work related?"
"How should I know silly? I don't read minds", she giggled at her husband.
"I don't know dear. I just figured you would know. You always know everything."
"I better get going. I have to write our daughter a letter so she knows we are coming."
"Come on, Hermione. Just a little bit more. Stay here with me. I was just getting cozy", Draco groaned.
"I am not going so far, Draco. I'll come back in 2 minutes."
"Shall I wait for you here or in the bedroom?" he asked with a smirk on his face.
"You know I can't resist that smirk of yours. I'll hurry, I promise", and she left the room, while her husband stood up and went straight upstairs in their bedroom.
The next morning, sun rose early and started shining throught dark green curtains. Draco groaned, took his wand from his night stand and muttered a spell to make it darker in the room. Hermione was still sleeping, until she heard tapping from the window.
"Draco, it is your turn", she muttered.
"No it is yours. I took the post last time", he groaned.
She just layed in her bed and looked at her husband. He looked at her and couldn't stop a smile from showing on his face. She smilled back and turned around. He understood that as "get up, it is your turn" so he stood up unwillingly and took the letter from the owl. He gave it the treats and noticed it looked familiar to him. He didn't even have to look on the envelope to understood it was a letter for his wife. The owl was his mother-in-law's.
"It is for you, just so you know. From your mother."
"Ah, I'll open it later."
After some time has passed she just woke up and yelled to jer husband: "Draco, what day is it?"
"Monday, why?"
"I know it is Monday, but which one?"
"I think it is somwhere around the 23rd."
"Great. I don't even have to open the letter to know what it is about."
Her husband then woke up and sat in their bed.
"What do you mean you already know what it says?"
"It is inviting me to the annual Granger reunion. It is happening every April. I never go. I just don't like my cousins and they can't stand me."
"Why send the invite so early?"
"To remind me how much better they are than me. I don't understand it either, but I honestly don't care."
"I don't understand how someone can hate you, but whatever. We should go see little Lia, don't you think?"
"You're right. So up on your feet dear!"
"Ugh.. Why did I say that?" he asked himself.
Once they were all ready, they apparated away to their eldest daughter's house.
"Is anyone home?" Hermione asked.
"We are over here, mum !" they heard another woman's voice coming from the outside. The Malfoys started walking through the house to get to the garden. There they saw a younger couple sitting on the grass with a little 2-year-old playing with her toys.
The woman with platinum blonde hair stood up from the grass and went to hug her parents.
"Mum, dad, how are you?", Lyria Zabini asked her parents.
"As good as we can be, darling," Draco answered her.
"Lyria honey, is it not too cold to be sitting in the grass?" Hermione asked.
"Mum, I love you, but you just got here and you already have something to criticise about." Draco couldn't help but to laugh. His wife shot him a death glare to shut him up.
"No Lyria, but it is almost the end of november. I love you all too much and I don't want to spend all my days here nursing you three."
"Mrs. Malfoy, believe me, you don't have to worry. We are warm enough." The young man approached the Malfoys.
"Tom, dear, I don't think Pansy would either approve this", she looked at her son-in-law.
"Well, why don't we just go inside and have a cup of warm tee. I could use some coffee also", Draco spoke.
"Well then, follow me" Lyria picked her daughter up from the grass and went inside.
Draco was playing with his granddaughter and her father, while Lyria and Hermione discussed whatever they had to discuss about in the kitchen. Lyria picked up jer mother's habit to kick out men outside of her kitchen. It was her space and only hers.
"So honey, what was it you wanted to talk about?" Hermione asked while sipping tea.
"Well, you know how we haven't seen each other in a while?"
"What do you mean? I have seen you three day ago."
"I meant the whole family. You, dad, me, Cam, Bri, T.J.,Rosalie and Bradley. Just us 8. I miss them."
"Oh, dear. That would be lovely. What did you have in mind?"