One Last Try

Pansy and Hermione went out the next day to catch up and just hang. They walked on the Ocean Drive looking at young women walking in bikinis around like they aren't in the city, but on the beach.

"I don't understand how they walk around just like that half naked" Pansy commented passing by three muggle teenagers in bikinis.

"Well, we're practically at the beach. But I agree with you. I'm glad our daughters don't walk around dressed like that."

"Speak for yourself. Angela sometimes goes out like that in public saying she has to "embrace the Miami culture" Pansy said at which Hermione laughed.

Two friends bumbed into some shoppers on the way.

"Sorry" Hermione replied and they kept walking.

"Hey! I know you! You're Hermione Malfoy. You laughed at me the other day. May I ask what your problem is?"  A 20-year old asked.

"Sorry, I don't know you" Hermione replied her cousin's daughter.

"Contessa Davis. I know you know who I am. Why did you laugh?"

"Sorry child, but I can't give you the answer to that question. You'll have to ask your mother and aunt about it" Hermione replied the girl leaving her confused.

Back when she came to hotel to try to find her mother and aunt and ask them about what just happened meeting Mrs Malfoy, Contessa saw a great opportunity to get what she wants. She wants Cameron Malfoy and the person standing in her way was Amber Zabini and that girl was standing right in front of Contessa.

"Excuse me, do you need something?" Amber asked her.

"Oh, sorry. Hey, you're Amber Zabini, right?"

"Yes, do you need something?"

"No. I just wanted to congradulate you and Mr Malfoy. You seem so happy together."

"We are. Just he isn't around much now that his whole family is here. And even I can't seem to get a ghold of him now that my family is here" Amber rambled. "Sorry, don't know why I'm telling you this"

"It's alright. Sometimes it's easier to tell something to a stranger. Why are your families here if I'm not being nosy" Contessa continued.

"Well, you see we have this reunion. Well his family has the reunion. And my tagged along."

"Interesting. Are you sure there isn't any special occasion your family is here also?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he has been neglecting you. And I met him the other day in the lift when he was running away from his fans. He told me how exhausting it all is. He has to juggle between his job which his father gave him less beacuse of his girlfriend's constant complaining."

"He said that?"

"Look we're both girls here and men tend to make their work much more important than their loved ones."

"You really think that?"

"I know that. Look for example at his familly. His father is always somewhere while his mother stays home alone with the kids. "

"But you don't even know the Malfoys"

"I don't have to know them personaly to know that that is true. I mean look at the interviews with them. And you know them, so tell me I'm lying" Contessa kept going.

"I suppose you could be right. But why on Earth would he propose to me then?"

"His mother of course. That's why you went with her shopping, right? To bond?"