Love Is Complicated

"Cam, come here please", Hermione called her son to where she and Pansy Zabini were sitting.
"What's up, mum?"
"Don't you what's up mum me. Pansy here and you have to talk. I believe you know exactly what I mean." and with that she left her son in the company of the woman with the shortest nerves, the woman who could get mad any second, the mother of his soon to be fiance.
"Hi Cameron" she greeted the young man.
"P... P... Pansy, hi"
"You don't have to be afraid of me. I just want to chat about you and my Amber."
"Right."
"It seems you forgot about one critical detail in planning the proposal."
"You know about that?" he gulped.
"Of course I know. I know everything. But I heard it from the wrong person, don't you think so too?"
"I am so sorry I haven't told you. I was just nervous. Blaise is so much easier to talk to." she raised her eyebrow. "I'll shut up now"
"Wise decision. I love my daughter and I want her to be happy. She is happy with you, but I'm not in particular. You might be the son of my best friend, but if you hurt my baby girl in any way I'll.."
"Chop my head off. I know, Pansy. I love Amber with all my heart. I want her beside me all the time. I want to make her happy. I would love her to be my wife and I would love your blessing."
"I'll give you my blessing, but do this one more time and I'll..."
"Chop my head off. I know. I promise I'll never forget about you, ever again"
"Good. Now run before I change my mind." at that he nodded and went away.
"Had a good chat with my dumb son?" Hermione asked as she came back to sit next to her best friend.
"He is not dumb. He is just a man scared of a woman" and they both laughed.
While others were talking about their Hogwarts days or playing with Bradley and Lia, Bri was stuck on the couch in between two cousins who both happen to be her exes.
"Soo..." James Potter started.
"Soo..." Bri repeated.
"How've you been, Bri?"
"I've been better James, you?"
"You could say the same"
The awkward silence was present. Niel just looked at them not saying a word.
"Niel, how's uncle Ron?" James interupted the silence making everything even more awkward by asking that quiestion. He was brave and daring, but not the brightest. He didn't think before asking.
"Somewhere in Canada. I haven't heard a lot from him. I know he is some big shot on the muggle TV."
Bri hugged him. She knew Ron was a sensitive theme. He smilled softly at her.
"How's Rose about that? She was always closer to him as a kid."James asked again.
" She still keeps in contact with him. He has another dumb girlfriend again. She is spending New Years at his place. "
" Oh, I was hoping she would come to the party" Bri spoke for the first time.
"Why?" James asked.
"I always thought she could be the one to keep T. J. in shape. You know. She has that spark in her. My brother was always a troublemaker and ever since we were kids she even though she was younger than him she would scare him and he would obey. I know it isn't my place to play matchmaker, but a girl can hope. "
"T. J. has a girl. Lily, Lilian, Lila something like that. Albus mentioned it to me once. He is always complaining how your brothers always get a girl."
"T.J. doesn't have a girl. At least not yet. Or he would brag to Cam. And since Cam is my twin I know everything he knows and the other way around."
"But, what about you, Bri?"
"What about me Niel?"
"Do you have someone?"
"No. Honestly, you Niel were the last. No, I'm lying. There was a guy, but it was brief. We went on a couple of dates and shared a few kisses, but nothing more. I didn't feel the connection."
"Oh" Niel said.
"But, I'm out there, you know. Still waiting for that perfect guy to sweap me off of my feat."
"I didn't know you were that kind of girl Bri"
"What kind of girl James?" she was getring angry.
"Chill Bri. I wasn't thinking anything like that. I meant a girl waiting on her prince charming"
"Oh, sorry. I guess it is my parents' love story that made me look for the perfect guy. They have been together for 27 years. From enemies to lovers. I just want to find that guy."
"You are a Malfoy. You will most deffinately." James assured her.
"Maybe you have already found him, but you just don't know it yet."
"Maybe Niel. Thanks guys. You two are the best exes ever" and she went to find her niece and older sister. She didn't even notice how Niel's face lit up when he said she maybe found heer prince charming already. It hurt him when she said he was just her ex.
Bri found her best friend Angela talking outside with her two sisters, Lily Potter and Rose Weasley.
"Are you talking about me?" Bri asked the girls.
"You wish little sis", Lyria said as her younger sister came to the group.
"Just boys. You know. The theme that never dies in this group." Angela said to her bestie. The other girls laughed at that.
"So who are we gossiping about?"
"My dumbheaded brothers" Lily Potter stated.
"Oh, I've just talked with James. He doesn't seem that lonely to me"
"Of course he doesn't. He was with half of the girls at his work place."
Everyone laughed again.
"He works?" Rose asked her cousin.
"He works with dad. It's sad really?"
"Cam works with dad too. And I with mum. Why is that sad?" Lyria asked the youngest Potter.
"It isn't sad for you. It is sad for my dad. James just isn't that good at working."
"Lazy still?" Bri asked.
"Even worse. Dad is giving him tones of work, but James just gives it to Albus to do it instead."
"But isn't Albus at college?"
"He is. He just sends James' paperwork back. But my dad is oblivious."
"Mum said he could be oblivious sometimes. He couldn't get for years that Ginny liked him" Rosalie said.
"Rose, you are with my little bro, are you not?" Angela asked the youngest Weasley. Rose went redder than her hair.
"Ben is a sweaty. I like him, but not in that way."
"Oh who is then on your radar?"
"It isn't a boy. I met her in school. We have chemistry together."
"What's chemistry?" Angela asked.
"It is like potions for muggles."Bri explained.
" Yeah. I decided to go to a muggle college. She is a muggle too. "Rose continued.
" What's her name? " Rosalie asked.
" Michelle. "
" Cute" Lyria commented. "Does your father know?"
"Mum does, but I'm planning on telling him after New Years. I'm staying with him and his new bimbo for a couple of days. Leaving tomorrow."
"Good luck with that. Uncle Ron is pretty conservative."Lilly said.
" Believe me,I know. "