How That Happened

"Pans, do you still have the anti-alcohol potion with you?" Draco asked when he saw Hermione laying there on their bed passed out.

"Sorry, no. Used all of it last time he was drunk" she said and looked at Blaise who was standing behind her.

"Well, then we'll need to make one. You know the ingredients?" She nodded.

"Right, everyone go to the wizarding Miami market and try to find these ingredients: 10 dragon scales, hair of a niffler,  5 tears of a pheonix and juice of fire pumpkin" she ordered everyone in the room.

"Kids, just go and hurry back. Bradley and I will stay with her" Draco assured his older kids and they apparated away.

When they came back, Pansy took some time to brew the potion correctly. When the potion was done, Draco tenderly opened his wife's mouth to pour in the liquid. She started slowly waking up. 

"What happened?" she asked and Draco just hugged her tightly.

"You passed out, honey. This time you were the one who scared us" he said and kissed her forhead. She was still confused, but everyone else laughed.

"Mum, you better rest now" Lyria ordered her. "Dad, Cam, Blaise go to your meeting. Pansy and I will take care of her."

"Are you sure?" draco asked not wanting to leave Hermione alone again.

"Yes, now go" she ordered them.

"Alright, but if anything happens interupt the meeting" he said. "Oh and before I go" he waved his wand and every bottle of alcohol they had in the penthouse turned into water. "There, now I feel safer to leave you" he said and kissed his wife's forhead once again before he left with Blaise and Cameron.

"Now that they are gone, mind to tell us how this happened?" Pansy tried to ask her friend, but she was already sleeping.

"Later, Pansy. Where are you going to stay? I mean Tom and the rest of your family comes here in 4 days " Lyria asked her mother in law.

"I'll stay here with you guys today and tomorrow I'll take the port key back to London. I still have loads to do before I come back here, dear" the older witch responded.

After an hour has passed, Hermione woke up. In the armchair beside her bed was Rosalie sitting and reading a book.

"What're you reading?" she asked her youngest daughter.

"Mum, you're up! How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts like someone is druming on my brain, but other than that I feel fine" Hermione told her as she sat up in her bed.

"Yeah, alcohol will do that to you. I learned that the harder way" Rosalie said remembering the New Years fiasco. "Anyways, could you tell me how that happened?"

"I had a mental breakdown, you could say."

"Guys, she's up!" Rosie yelled.

"Oh, mum!" T.J. came in first to hug her. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know you and Lillith's mother had bad blood between you."

"There's nothing to apologise for. That isn't the reason why this happened" she explained calmly.

"It's not?" Lyria asked confused.

"It's just one thing that lead to my breakdown."

"Care to elaborate?" Pansy said.

Hermione looked around the room at the confused and worried faces of her family. Before she could answer, Bradley asked: "Why is that Astoria lady so bad?"

"Oh, honey. She's not bad. We just don't get along."

"Care to elaborate?"Bri now asked after she was silent for so long.

"Well, you see it's complicated."

"We have time and I personaly love that story of you two" Pansy said and they all sat beside Hermione on the bed.

"So, once upon a time, while we were still in school, your father and my husband was betrothed to Astoria Greengrass. They both came from strong pureblooded families."

"You see kids" Pansy cut her off "pureblooded families wanted to keep their magic pure and they arranged marriages for their kids. I was supposed to marry Crabbe. Could you imagine that?" Pansy said with disgust.

"Anyways, back to the story. After your grandfather Lucius was arrested and died in Azkaban and your grandmother Narcissa passed away, your father needed time to recover so he went away. He studied here in the States, just like Cameron. When he came back to England..."

"They bumped into one another in the cinema" Pansy cut her off again.

"Who's telling the story here?" Hermione looked at her friend.

"Sorry, I got so excited."Pansy apologised. "Carry on."

"Thank you. Now, I was a mess after break up with Ron and Ginny thought cinema was a good idea to get it off my mind. Anyways you know the rest how your father and I got together after that."

"Not in details" Brianna complained.

"I'll tell you once. But now back to the story. You see Astoria and your father never officialy broke up. And as I was popular because of the war it got all over the news that a war heroine and a former deatheater shared a kiss in the Diagon Alley"

"And that's how she knew Draco was back in London" Pansy said again. Hermione gave her the look. "Sorry, sorry. Carry on"

"Right. You see she became jealous about our relationship and unfortunately she worked with me at the Prophet. She still does. "

"She is specialised for star gossip. She is Rita Skeeter's successor" Lyria explained.

"And she constantly commented something rude and untrue about me so I gave her a piece of my mind. Later we were both in the race for the head editor of teh Prophet and I won which made her even more angry with me."

"Astoria is a bitch. She always was and always will be. She is also misserable because she could never have this. A nice and big happy family with Draco" Pansy said.

"Right, and the other reason?" Lyria asked.

"My family is here."

"Hello, obviously mum." Bri said.

"Not you, dear. The Grangers. I was supposed to go to the reunion, but I hate going so I just neglected the letter and the biggest mistake was that I haven't read the date and place. It seems it is held here at our hotel and this week too."

"Why don't you like your family? Grandma and grandpa are awesome" Bradley asked.

"Well, you see. My family is a bit bigger than that. Your grandpa Dan has 2 siblings Silvie and Harrison. My aunt Silvie was never the nice one. She married Ted Brooks, a real estate agent as mean as her. It seems evil attracts. They had 2 daughters Henrietta and Rachela and a son Jason. Out of all of them he is the only one with  head and heart. My uncle Harrison married my aunt Patricia and they had 2 daugters Blake and Rene. I don't know much about them and their lives because I haven't seen them for 30 years."

"But the reason you don't like them?"

"I just don't like the Brooks part of the family. They used to call me names like book worm, nerdy Hermy and Rachela and Henrietta are real mean girls. They used to pull me by my hair, play all sorts of mean pranks on me. To simplify- they were horrible and made me hate my childhood. And all of that because I had a brain" Hermione explained.