The Secret Is Out

The next day came and all was still quiet at the top floor of the hotel Dragon's rose in Miami. Sunlight started coming through dark curtains of the bedroom shining the light on two sleepers. It woke the woman up. She stood up from the bed she shared with her still sleeping husband and went to the penthouse living room to see if anybody is already up. To her surprise, no one was, but someone was slleping on the couch there. She walked over towards the couch and kneeled beside it. She put her hand on the sleeper's short brown curley hair and ruffed it a little. It woke the sleeper up.

"What are you doing mum?" he asked her.

"I could ask you the same honey. Why aren't you sleeping in your bedroom?" she asked him.

"Amber and i are still fighting" he sat up right on the couch. "She is pushing me away and I don't know why" he explained.

"Oh, honey. Do you want me to talk to her?"

"I don't know if that would make things better or worse" he told her sincerly.

"I won't meddle in your business, but there are times when such things happen" she sat beside him.

"But i have never seen you and dad not talking or fighting."

"Oh, we fight. You just don't hear it. And maybe you haven't noticed, but when you were 10 and Lyria was just starting Hogwarts, we had one of our biggest fights."

"Really?"

"Yes. He was working late and I was home with 5 children. You twins and T.J. made a huge mess in my kitchen and at the same time Rosalie, who was 2 , was calling me in the other room. Lyria needed my help packing for Hogwarts. I was all over the place and I was just so angry that he was never around when I needed him. I was on the edge to kick him out of the house and then he showed up, drunk. I finally got you three mess makers out of the kitchen and I had to put a spell on it so you don't go in again while I'm screaming at your father."

"And what about Rosie and Lyria?"

"Oh, I just chose to ignore the two of them. They are the least problematic out of all of you. And then I followed your father who went straight for his office. I put a silencing charm and screamed at him. You would think a drunk man would just obey or pass out, but he had a different reaction. He started yelling at me for not letting him have fun with his friends anymore. He called me a control freak and even a mudblood, so we had a screaming match. I won of course and I sent him to Blaise and Pansy's. He stayed the night at their place, at least I think he was. Nevermind, we had fought over the years. It's normall" she explained her son.

"But, I wasn't drunk or anything. I came to our room before dinner and she was quiet. She wouldn't even talk to me. And when I asked her what's going on she started yelling at me for no reason. I could see something was bothering her, but I have no idea what."

"Look Cam, girls tend to overthink, a lot actually. She was probably thinking about your lives together and she was wrapping her mind over something over and over again. You have to let her understand it herself what's bothering her or she'll have to confide in someone"

"I would rather have her confide in you, mum. That way I would know what to do" She smilled at him.

"It doesn't go that way, but I will certainly try to talk to her and see if there is anything I can do"

"Thanks,mum" She hugged her son and they watched the TV until the rest of the family woke up.

Later that day Hermione tried to find Amber who wasn't in the room she shared with Cameron. She must've apparated somewhere. Hermione went to the hotel lobby to ask Jenna if she had seen Amber anywhere.