Till Death Do Us Part

August 13th has finally come. Another Malfoy-Zabini wedding. Everything was ready, except for the mother of the bride.

"Oh My Merlin, my little baby is getting married" Pansy started crying as she was looking at Amber in her wedding dress all ready for the rest of her life with the man she loves. She had no doubt those two were perfect for each other, but still...why wasn't Amber just a bit nervous.

"Mom, calm down. You already gave one baby away. Remember Tom?"

"Oh, but he wasn't you"

"Mom, I'm just like him. I know I love the person I'm getting married to and I don't see any logical reason to be nervous"

"Spoken like true Ravenclaw" Pansy had her hand on Amber's shoulder and she was looking at her daughter in the mirror. Her wedding dress was stunning. Simple, yet gorgeous. Lace on the back, but one part was open on the back in a shape of an oval. The dress had short lace sleeves and a V-neck. It fell perfectly around Amber's body. On the bottom part it fell nicely in triangle shape. No lace there, only white material that complimented the simplicity of the venue.

The beach wasn't decorated that much. There was a bow with blue roses just in front of the see where the bride and groom would be standing. The chairs were turned towards the bow and see. There were only 50 places - a compromise between Pansy and Amber. Overlooking the beach was cliff where tables and tents were. The guests will apparate to the cliff and enjoy the rest of the  day there.

"Are you ready?" a voice startled Pansy and drew her back to reality.

"I am, but mom isn't" Amber answered.

Hermione laughed. She took Pansy's arm, intertwined them and went to their places.

"Everything will be okay. It is a good thing she isn't nervous. It just shows she is ready"

"But I don't want my little birdie to fly from the nest yet"

"She already flew out of it. Now she is just making it official. But you are still her mother and a witch. If you start missing her so much just visit her. I'm sure she won't mind" Hermione reassured her friend.

"Thanks Hermione. I better get Blaise to take Amber to the altar"

"No need. T.J. went to fetch him. You just sit here and enjoy."

"How can I enjoy? My baby is getting married!" Pansy started crying.

"Save the tears for later. No sad tears, only happy ones. Now dry them off and be happy" Hermione ordered her. She knew exactly how Pansy felt, but now it was her turn to be chill mother of a newlywed.

Soon the ceremony started. As they watched their second child getting married, they hugged each other and stood proudly. 

"Is it too late to have another child?" Hermione asked her husband.

"Are you sure? We have 6 already?"

"But they are all so big. I mean,look at this. Our second child is getting married. We are already grandparents. And in our 40s. I feel old"

"Hermione, look at me" Draco tilted her head upwards so she could look at him "You are not old. You will never be old for me. We will be gradparents to so many kids that we wouldn't have time to take care of our own baby"

"Maybe you are right"

"Maybe? I know I'm right. C'mon, be happy. Now that all our children are big enough and out of home most of the time we have enough time for ouselves" he raised an eyebrow.

"Draco!" she punched him lightly in his arm. "You can't have such thoughts on our son's wedding"

"Yes I can. And the first moment I get, I'm taking you with me and we are going to have our one-on-one session" he kissed her neck and hugged her from the back. She blushed, but then came to reality when she saw the kiss that sealed the vows. Her son was now married.