Twelve: Gedeon

Twelve:

Gedeon

"I was beginning to worry before as of where you took Dove and for a second, we all assumed she escaped," Timor sighed in relief upon seeing me walk in after I had slammed the front door closed. "You didn't even warn me you'll be taking her out. Where did you both go?"

"The annex house in the back," I replied. Taking off my coat and handing it to a maid, I straightened up my tie with Timor on my side. As my right and second in command should anything happen to me, I knew his eyes were sharp when it came down to why. Not to mention the son of a bitch liked to poke his nose in anyone's business.

"Really? Rather strange," he murmured before his eyes widened like saucer plates. "No."

"If you're asking if I had sex with her, no I didn't," I scowled. "It's never going to happen so you can drop even for a moment I'd fuck her. She's a toy at the end of the day to bring my plan forward."

"That's too bad," Timor whistled. "Guess I lost then, since you never go back on your words."

That part was true, I held everything I promised or said with the utmost degree. Yet just a few days ago, I had broken it when it came to her. A misstep on my part since she wasn't what I had expected her to be; feisty and ferocious.

"Don't tell me you did," I scowled.

"We all took a guess if you'll nail her," he admitted, laughing. "If it's not that she's Italian, she seems like your type, besides her rather dull personality."

"I am surrounded with halfwits," I grumbled, my phone going off for the billionth time since this morning to add into my frustration. The least I needed was Timor up my ass about Dove, knowing he had a blast being on my case about it. "Sometimes I wonder how I got here with you all as my most trusted."

"I never said you need to love her, a man got needs as it's the duty of the wife to serve their husband, especially the don," he affirmed.

"And you think I'll seek it out through an Italian?" I asked, trying to hide my disgust.

"Your wife," he corrected.

"I'll fuck anyone else but her, even if she's my wife," I retaliated. I wasn't the first in the generation to do so, putting the need to bridge stronger alliances more than finding someone you love. It was a weakness, and my Father was the perfect example of the detriments of it. When my Mother died, he fell apart while I had to pick up the slack as the youngest don.

"Like Lizabeta?" he questioned, rolling his eyes.

"Yes," I shot back.

"Does that mean Dove's up for the taking?" he stared at me head on, rather curious. Mistress and prostituting one's significant other weren't uncommon within our world, but the thought of anyone touching what's mine, even if I hated it, made me want to slit his throat. "You think she's a good lay?"

"I'll fucking kill anyone that does touch her, so make that clear to everyone," I said stalking up the stairs. I didn't have time to humor Timor, who made it today to see which buttons he could push. I was going to hand his ass to him later when we sparred without holding back. I didn't care what she was like in bed. I wasn't going to touch her, and neither is anyone else. So long as she's here and does as she's told, she'll be treated the same as everyone else. "I'm saying this once, anyone who touches her, I'm sending them straight to hell."

"Someone's in a bad mood," he mused.

"You try being in my place for a day, and then you can say that," I shot back. "Now that we have this alliance, I know for a fact that I need to mend some fuel. There's a chance someone might hire to assassinate her just to piss off the Italians. So, I have to smooth things out in detail today."