Fourteen: Gedeon

Fourteen:

Gedeon

"Please remember to get it civil tonight," Timor shot me a warning, his lips pressed together.

 At that, I stared back at him with one raised eyebrow and a slight close-lipped smile. Straightening my tie, I made eye contact with Timor through the mirror. In a black suit that I was sure he had it made in France and tailored personally, I knew he was dressing to impress. His black bowtie that I had made fun of more than once was there on full display. On the other hand, I was in a dark navy blue suit and a light blue tie because, according to Anastasia, I had to match with my wife. "Who do you think I am?"

"The don which is why this year you shouldn't break someone's arm off in front of the families or the guests." He made a point to emphasize his point while I snorted at the reminder of last year's event. Vlad Roman, Nicolai's Uncle, was more of a leech than anything else. A womanizer, gambler, and was about to be considered nothing if he kept the antic up.

"He was asking for it when he brought his mistress without running it by me and causing an embarrassment to everyone else, including me by drinking to barely even see straight," I recalled through gritted teeth. "He's on thin ice already. Is he coming still?"

"From what I heard, yes unfortunately," he commented while crinkling his nose. "It's a family event, and until you make a call or something happens, he'll continue to be family."

"Let's hope he learned his lesson from last year," I mumbled, tucking in two pistols into the inside of my suit. Staring myself in the mirror one last time, I was ready for the event to end before it even started. If it wasn't to make connections and make sure everyone was doing well, I would have done work in my office. "The driver pulled up?"

Timor glanced out the window and nodded. "Yeah, I can see him from here along with the guards ready to go. You think everyone else is ready? By that, I mean solely Ana."

"She better be, because I'm not going to be late because of her again this year," I grumbled. Last year, she had a hair disaster when her hair got frizzled due to the weather. Needless to say, I hoped this year would be stress free to combat the disaster last year.

"You know how she is when it comes to these sorts of shit," he sighed loudly, flicking his wrist. "I swore if she could, she would hold me down to style my hair. I'm not letting her gel my hair, even if she puts a gun to my head."

"Ana is lucky Aleksei babies her," I murmured, shaking his head.

"Has the Genovese said anything when you invited them?" he asked tensely. I last minute sent out an invite to him as a sign of mutual understanding of trust between us by extending my invite to who I now had to consider to be family. Though I was sure him being there would cause more tension than anything else.

"Mateo doesn't trust us enough to show up, thank fuck. I don't think I can stomach him there," I answered, my stomach seeming to churn even at the thought. I didn't trust him to be there so much like us. In the end, it was just an alliance to calm the water, nothing more or less and we both knew it at the back of our minds. "Let alone anyone else from that revolting Italian family."

"Does that apply to your wife?" he curiously cocked his head to the side.

"Do you have some sort of fascination with her that I should know about?" I gritted out.

"No but careful because you're coming off all possessive alpha," he shook his head, a chuckle passing his lips as he placed his hands casually into his slack pockets. "It's amusing to just rattle you. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the person who hates the Italian more than anything has married it's next heir."